21

WAVES

The next morning John B and Sarah left early so that they would be back at Tannyhill before Ward woke up and yelled at the girl. Pope passed out on the couch outside, per usual, Kie hogged JJ's bed and refused anyone to sleep with her because she felt sick. 

Lexie was asleep on the couch bundled in one end, and JJ spread out on the rest of the couch, taking up the room. 

Kie and Pope were up earlier and went for a surf, leaving a note. Lexie groaned as she peeled  herself from the couch, throwing a pillow at JJ to wake him. "Oi ya bitch" JJ said in his raspy morning voice. 

"good morning to you to" Lexie said sarcastically while trying to crack her back. "where's Kie and Pope?" JJ questioned, pulling himself from the couch now. Shirtless. 

Lexie just looked at him as her gaze moved down to his tone torso, she quickly turned around and went to kitchen, finding the note Kie had left. 

"Surfing, i think i might join them" Lexie said while walking outside. She grabbed the boards out, as she turned around she ran straight into JJ. 

"watch were your going princess" JJ said with a grin, "wipe that smile off your face" Lexie said. "you coming?" She asked, he nodded his head. 

She quickly took off her big shirt, that went down to her mid thighs, which now showed a black bikini. JJ gazed at the girl. "eyes up here" Lexie said looking at him. 

He scoffed, he stood up and walked closer to her, "don't act like you didn't check me out earlier" he said, Lexie licked her lip and leaned forward, "mhm" she narrowed her eyes at him.

She noticed how his breathing hitched, she giggle picking the board up and running down.

The two ignored the feeling they had in their stomachs about one another, JJ loved the way her giggles came out, and how her smile can make a whole room smile with her. Knowing she had been through so much but continues to laugh and smile at everything, make a positive out of bad situations. Of course he couldn't actually admit this to anyone else. not yet at least. 

And Lexie, well she loved the way his personality is laced with sarcasm, and how he always is able to cheer his friends up, he has such a horrible dad but somehow managed to be such a good person, and one of the most loyal friends she knew, she liked that about him, in fact there was a lot she liked about him. Of course she couldn't actually admit this  to anyone else. not yet at least. 

"HEY!!" Kie called out in the back with Pope waving his arms around like a manic, Lexie and JJ smiled at each other and ran into the water. 

Lexie loved surfing, she loved the feeling of her wet hair in the wind and how she skimmed across the water. They were out there for about 1 hour when the boys went back. Kie and Lexie sat on the boards on the water. 

"How you feeling lately?" Lexie asked Kie, she sighed but still smiled, "actually a lot better, Pope has been around a lot which helps, he is such a selfless person" Kie smiled at the thought of the boy. Lexie loved to see her happy again.

"do you like him?" Lexie joked around moving her shoulders, she expected her to deny it but she smiled. "i know the rules, no pogue on pogue mackin' and i'm not saying i like him! i'm just saying i kinda do" They laughed, "cute" Lexie said surprised.

 "but something has been on my mind recently and i don't know what to do, i'm confused and i'm also scared that you might think i-" Kie's mood changed, she blurted out this sentence, worry filling her face.