25

LAST CHANCE

The next morning, John B walked inside and saw the pair all cuddled up together, he smiled down at his friends, he coughed to grab their attention. 

Lexie stirred first, slowly peeling out of JJ's strong grip he held her with all night.

Once Lexie, got of the blonde's grip she shot up and hugged the boy, "god i was so worried about you!" He hugged her back, "it's okay, i'm okay right now but i - i'm going to back to the Crain house to check if the gold is still there so -"  the boy begun.

"i'll come" Lexie stepped back, John B smiled at the girl, "i don't-" he started.

"no, i'm coming" Lexie said firmly, he slowly nodded his head, "okay, jj you coming?" He said to the blonde who had rolled over to were Lexie once was, half asleep still, "i can't walk bro, i have polio" 

Lexie rolled her eyes and John B shook his head. 

- - -

"so when did you get in last night?" John B asked looking over to the girl yawning in the passenger seat. 

"uh - not sure actually, late, i - um" Lexie realised what happened last night, trying to decide how she should ask John b if she can stay while she looks for her own place. 

"had a fight with your mum?" He smiled at her before looking back at the road, Lexie looked at him surprised, "yeah actually, how-" 

"your eyes are still glossy, and you've been quiet, you didn't make  joke this morning like normal" he said. 

Lexie chuckled under her breath, turning her head to look at her hands fiddling with her fingers, "yeah well, I've been kicked out, Lana said she'll sneak me in for food and everything when my mother or Andrew aren't there" she said softly. 

"good thing you live with me now then hey" He smiled at her, Lexie turned her gaze back to him, "your my bestfriend, my little sister, my home, is your home" Lexie hugged the boy. 

And it was true, the bond Lexie had with John B wasn't like she had with the other, though she counted all of them as her family, she counted john b as her brother, they would bicker but at the end of the day, she loved him in a way she didn't with anyone else. 

"whoa whoa, Lex, love the enthusiasm but i'm driving" he laughed, "oh yeah sorry, thankyou so much" 

"don't even worry about it, anyway," He turned to smirk at the girl, she narrowed her eyes at him "what is going on with you and JJ? like 2 weeks ago you hated each other now cuddling and flirting, its cute really"

Lexie chuckled looking out the window to hide the blush that crept onto her face, "nothing is going on, he was there for me with my mum, and he understands and i guess we bonded over it and become close friends" she smiled at the thought of the boy. 

John B chuckled, "liar" Lexie scoffed and lightly slapped him, "hey! i ship it!" She rolled her eyes, "you know the rules!" She said to cover it up.

"I'm dating Sarah" he shrugged, "but she wasn't a pogue when you started dating" she said as they pulled up.  

John B's mood changed instantly, the topic being dropped "lets just hope it's there" Lexie said reassuringly. 

As they got out, their gazes landed on the 'For Sale' sign that was now put up. They shared anxious looks as they quickly jumped over the wall, not caring about sneaking anymore.