45

ANGEL'S AND CROSSES

The church was beautiful and old and abandoned. It was surrounded by trees and grass and lots of vines winded around the church. 

"we're coming up on Freeman's Church" Pope said, "it's the Church Denmark built for all the slaves he freed"

the continue driving down dirt roads until a bug tree came up over the tall weeds, "there is it, angel oak" Kie said.

"OH shit, tides coming in" John B said. They now drove in a forest surrounded by trees, there was mud all over the road and water covering the road. 

"floor it" Lexie suggested.

"hey wait a second, look, they already came through here, those have to Limbrey' s tire tracks, we got to go" Pope said, trying to convince John B. 

"just floor it, don't be a pussy" Lexie suggested again.

"mm what do you think chief?" JJ asked John b, "i'm thinking it's looking a little dicey" John B replied. 

"yep i'm gonna have to agree with that statement" JJ replied. 

Lexie rolled her eyes, and held her hands around the her mouth, "Pussys!" he said loudly. Sarah and Kie laughing at her. 

"well clearly they made it" Kie shrugged

"Yeah but we are in a two wheel drive" JJ said. 

"don't act like y'all ain't gonna do it anyways?" Sarah chuckled. "like when have y'all ever done the safe thing?"

John B and JJ looked at each other and smiled, knowing she has a point, "yeah, she has a point" 

"speed it your friend here okay?" JJ said to the boy. 

As the two in front were preparing to five through the mud and water, Lexie noticed the looks between Pope and Kie, Lexie nudged Sarah's side so she could look at her. They two girls smiled at each other as they watched the two love birds slowly grab each other's hands. 

They ploughed through the mud, and quickly stopped getting out. "Angel Oak is right out there" JJ said as he grabbed Lexie's hand pulling her into him, making her nearly falling over. 

"Jay!" Lexie said giggling, "sorry love" he said, placing a kiss on her forehead. 

"so word of wise, defiantly know that there is gator's nests around here so keep your eyes peeled okay" JJ said, sounding smart and looking adorable, having a real turn on for Lexie. 

"you don't wanna step on a mama gator, that's the last thing you want" he went on, "wow, you really are Sherlock Holmes" Lexie said sarcastically. 

"They have nests?" Kiara asked, "seems like a good place to park" Sarah added in. 

the group begun to trudge through the mush and thick trees as Kiara had to correct JJ how Pat Womack was injured.

Pope had to shush JJ as he just went on about his mama gator's and Sarah and John B who started thier bickering again. Lexie joined his side as they peered over to see Rafe Cameron and a bunch of people digging into the ground.

Limbrey showed up from behind the tree, "its there, he garment will be in the cross and the cross will be at the foot of the tree"

"Well whatever we find, i get my cut" Redfield whined, "the actual garment, you understand the significance" Limbrey said as she lent her body against the car. "i do Carla, completely" Redfield said again.