chapter three .

* still JJ's POV *

I woke up to the sound of people arguing. I sat up and looked out the van window. It was Kie and her dad. dammit. I knew it was about me, I mean she just spent the night with a guy with a criminal record, for all he knows we could've done more than just hang out. That thought sent chills down my spine. Like I mean Kie is really fucking hot so I've thought about it before but not in a long time.  Kind of feels weird to think about it now. My thoughts were interrupted  by Kie slamming the car door and driving away. I climbed over the front seats and sat down in the passenger seat. She seemed really annoyed with her dad.

      "good morning sweet cheeks" I was quick with the jokes this morning. 

"good morning to you too, you look like shit by the way" she laughed. Her eyes were glued to the road. We were heading to Pope's place, I could tell by the directions and turns we were taking.  I looked at myself in the rear view mirror, I really did looked messed up. I had bags under my eyes, and my hair was really scuffed up.

     "well thanks, I think I look quite good " I said while putting my sunglasses on. As we reached Pope he was already waiting for us. He opened my door and stood there. It took me a few quick seconds to realize that I had to switch seats. So this is what being a third wheel feels like. I got in the back and layed down on the blankets. I only had woken up fifteen minutes ago. I heard Kie and Pope talking, Kie was clearly upset with her dad and I could hear Pope reassuring her it was gonna be ok. I wanted to cheer her up but what could I do? joke her way better? I sat up and saw Pope rubbing her thigh and talking. It made me feel uncomfortable for some reason. I didn't like it that was for sure. I laughed at myself. 

    "WHATS SO FUNNY NOW JJ?" Pope shouted in disgust. My eyes went wide. He didn't think I was laughing at Kie did he? 

   "no I was laughing at something I thought about I swear" I said raising my hands up. Pope gave me a glare. I looked over at Kie who has tears running down her face. Bad timing jj, like always. 

"No jj is fine, its just so stressful lately, and my parents just don't understand" she was still driving and I had no idea where we were going. I saw her breaking and with that my heart sank a little. 

"Kie it'll be okay, remember Florida food truck?" I gave her a smile, the best I could do. she smiled and nodded her head, wiping a tear off. Pope looked at me and gave me a "thanks" smile. Man if John B was here things would sure be a hell lot different. 

Eventually Kie pulled up to a beach on the far side of the island, not a lot of people ever go here considering there weren't any houses on this side. I got out along with Pope. Kie started running to the beach like a little kid. I felt myself blush a little. I wasn't happy with myself but I couldn't help but smile at myself, she was like a little kid. Pope looked over at me.

"Hey thanks for making Kiara feel better but I'm not gonna totally forget the fact that you spent the night at my girlfriends" his voice sounded aggressive. 

"aye jealous much? I've been closer to Kie then you ever have, man have a little respect" I was so annoyed, like did he think I was going to do something? I wasn't gonna disrespect Pope like that.

    "Bro you flirt with her all the time, and I know you tried multiple times, but guess what she fell FOR ME, and I love you but I don't wanna loose her" he looked over at the girl who was sitting on the sand. She didn't even seem to notice we weren't there next to her. I didn't blame Pope, for the past two years I've tried so much to get with her, and if I ever did I wouldn't wanna loose her either.

     "Yeah I get it, sorry about last night" I looked down to the ground. I know I didn't do anything wrong, I wouldn't do that to pope, or kie in that case. Pope walked over to Kie, I stayed back for a bit to gather my thoughts. you know you like her jj, but you can't. I felt dizzy. plus it wasn't a big deal, it was just a small crush right? I'll get over it in like a week. I walked over to join the two.