chapter sixteen .

*Kie's POV*

   I felt like I was his arms for forever, for the first time in a while I was certain I knew what I wanted. I carefully pulled away and looked up into his ocean blue eyes. I could get lost in them. I was scared for saying I loved him considering it's only been one day, and I didn't even really had a crush on him till a couple of days. although what I felt for him was much stronger then anyone else.

     "not to break the moment but we should sleep on the boat tonight" I laughed quietly, we weren't far from John B's house and Ive already not spent the night at my own house for the past couple days so why not.

     "I like the sound of that, but before we do that we should congratulate Pope" he smiled not moving an inch. 

   "Congratulate him? wait?" I rose my eyebrows thinking he might've gotten the scholarship, JJ just nodded reading my mind.

   "we could just wait till tomorrow " I put my arm around his neck. He smirked and kissed me again. It all felt so unreal still. Never in a million years would I think I would be with JJ, it was like in one of those romcom movies. He pulled out of the kiss and grabbed my hand and started walking out of the woods.

 *JJ's POV*

    " So we're still sleeping on the boat tonight right?" Kie asked, I had no idea where the idea of spending the night on the boat came from but I was down.

"Yeah of course" I gave her a kiss on her head. she blushed a bit, I don't think either of us were use to this and it felt kind of weird at first but I know it'll be worth it, the wait was worth it.

"Umm JJ, about the kiss with Rafe..." I forgot all about the kiss, and frankly I wanted to.

   "He kissed me, I swear I didn't kiss him, what you saw was all out of content" she started blabbering, I had a good chuckle looking at her defending herself.

  "You're so cute" I blurted. She stopped talking and just smiled at me.

   "how are we going to tell Pope?" he voice saddened and she looked at our intertwined hands. I could tell she didn't wanna hurt Pope, and of course I didn't either but I was really hoping that he might just be like fine with it.

    "maybe wait a bit, it'll be fine, it's Pope" we were just going up John B's driveway.

"JJ, did you just hear yourself? IT'S POPE" she huffed, like I was the most stupid person ever, she had a good point though.

    "Let's just NOT think about him tonight, tonight's our night, just you and me sweetheart" I knew that what I said sounded really like...slutty? either way I don't think Kie noticed.

   "yeah, you're right" she mumbled, I hoped on the boat and waited for her to take a seat. I then started driving to the ocean. I watched as Kie layed down just looked up into the dark sky, while she was admiring the stars I was admiring her. When we finally got to a good spot I decided to park. I walked over to Kie and laid down beside her.

     "I really love your soft side" she professed, i looked over at her and made a mocking face.

"I have no soft side, i'm a badass" I smirked knowing damn well I was the biggest softie out there. I looked back up at the sky.

    "Oh yeah you wish" she teased. We stayed quiet for a bit.

"So Pope got the scholarship?" she turned to me asking, I knew Kie had a big fear of growing up and this whole scholarship thing was the end of our group.

"Yeah, but it'll be okay Kie, you'll still have me, and we still have two years till we graduate, that's plenty of time, and John B, he'll always be in our hearts. I turned to her and hugged her tight while rubbing her hand.

     "yeah, I know, but I just don't want things to change anymore, I want things to go back to normal" she buried her face in my chest.

   "Me too, me too" I moved my hand to her hair, giving her comfort.

"We should get a dog." she all of a sudden said. She smiled looking at me.

    "wow, that fast I don't know kieeee" I joked, I loved the idea of having a dog. She playfully punched me in the chest.

"Ouch that hurt" I laughed, she rolled her eyes, "I'm being serious JJ" I could tell she really was, I always wanted a dog so I was pretty happy with the idea, and it'll be me and Kie's dog, like a furry kid basically.

    "I think we should too, it's a great idea" I gave her a kiss. today was a good day.