chapter twenty three .

*Kie's POV*

The three of us we're in the van on our way to the ferries to get to the mainland to get new outfits for the boys and me. I already had my dad's credit card from when we bought Jasper. I thought buying new and expensive outfits might be a good way to forget bout the whole kook vs pogues thing. JJ was driving and Pope was in the back playing with a paddle ball. We still had around four hours before the party was supposed to start so we would end up a little late but I don't think anyone really cared much.

    "So exactly where are we going?" JJ asked. We parked into a parking lot in front of the boat launchs.  Pope was the first to ge tout while I struggled to unbuckle my seat belt. As I walked out I saw Pope and JJ laughing. I was so happy nothing got in between them. I was also really happy Pope didn't hate me or anything. I couldn't imagine how hard it might've been when I broke things off only to fall for his best friend.

    Hey Kie are you coming?" JJ held his hand out laughing. There was that laugh, I loved it so much, I loved him so much obviously. He became so sweet and innocent with me, the soft side of JJ.

  "Yeah, hold on" I ran over to them and took JJ's hand, as we bought our tickets and got on the ferry. I sat on the window side and laid my head on JJ's shoulder. Him and Pope we're talking about turtles or something but I quickly fell asleep. 

    "Kie, wakey wakey" i heard JJ saying in a baby voice as a joke like I was his kid.

"We're here already?" I asked shuttering my eyes open to see that no one was on the ferry besides me and JJ.

    "where's Pope?" I asked standing up as me and JJ walked out.

"he went to get snacks for us because we can't afford anything to eat here at the restaurants and we figured we'd get hungry eventually" he explained, we got off the boat and was greeted by Pope who had soft pretzels in his hand.

   "here's for the lady" he handed me one as well as JJ.

     "Well we should head to the shop we literally have like an hour and a half to be here" JJ said sternly as we walked to downtown. I knew for a fact that JJ wasn't looking forward to me picking out outfits for them especially since our taste is VERY different. We stopped at this shop that looked fancy but at the same time very simple. We walked in and immediately felt out of place as there weren't many people at the store but they looked very rich and wealthy. JJ looked shocked and gulped. Pope was still stuffing his face with the soft pretzel and now looked down at it not knowing what to do with it so he shoved it in his mouth quickly.

      "hello, how can i help you?" asked an elderly man coming up to us in a suit that was way too tight on him.

   "Umm yes, we are looking for casual wear but also very formal, as if we don't care but do at the same time" I replied smiling.

  "Yes I'll take you to the backroom" the man smiled leading us to what seemed to be clothes that fitted my description perfectly.  I looked around and it had the prettiest dresses I've ever seen and I'm not a dress girl but dang.

  "If you need anything just give me a holler" he smiled before returning to the front desk. Pope walked over to one of the shirts and his eyes went wide.

   "this is a hundred dollars what the?" he asked looking at the tag.

    "Yeah I don't know Kie maybe we should go to a different store" JJ suggested looking at all the tags.

    "no no no, you boys sit and i'll hand you stuff" I smiled. They looked really annoyed but did as I said.  walked over to the men's section which was on the other side of the room. I grabbed a salmon color polo shirt and a pair of tan khakis shorts and a pair of Sperry shoes. I went over to JJ and handed him the clothes, and gave him a quick peck on the head.

    "you'll hate me but I'll love it on you" I winked while heading back to find an outfit for Pope.

I grabbed a light blue polo and the same pair of khakis and shoes as JJ. I walked over to Pope to see that JJ was trying the clothes on in the dressing room. I handed him the clothes and sat in the spot JJ was sitting in originally and waited for the boys to come out. The first one to come out was JJ.

      "tell me I don't look like I just went full kook" he said as he checked himself out in the mirror behind him. I laughed at him.

     "it looks so cute babe, you need to get that one" I laughed now seeing that Pope was also done. He walked over to JJ and looked in the mirror.

    "Damn it looks like Topper threw up on me," Pope said also checking himself out. The boys seemed very satisfied with my fashion choices.

      " guys i'm going to look for an outfit now," I said although they didn't seem to even notice they were too busy checking themselves out still. I walked over to see the types of clothes they have. I saw a pair of very short jean shorts. I thought they were really cute and grabbed them. I couldn't find a shirt I liked. I realized that I could just wear my bra as a top and no one would even notice but I didn't want to look slutty.

         "HEY BABE?" I yelled goting through all the woman's shirts. JJ then came behind me.

  "yeah what's up?" he asked looking down at me.

      "Do you still have that old tan polo shirt in the back of the van?" I asked, ive never seen him wear that thing, but I knew it was real old and it looked really vintage.

 "Yeah why you wanna wear it?" he chuckled like I was stupid.

    "yes actually" I smiled walking over to the front desk. we checked out and was on our way back to Outerbanks. JJ and Pope were wearing they're outfits already but I still had to put mine on. I couldn't wait to see JJ's reaction when he sees my outfit.