chapter fifteen .

*Kie's POV*

I turned to Rafe who seemed genuinely confused as he didn't see JJ. I stomped over to him and pushed him.

    "WHAT THE FUCK RAFE? HOW IN YOUR RIGHT MIND DID YOU THINK IT WAS RIGHT TO KISS ME?" I screamed while crying, now JJ probably hates me.

    "i-i thought we were having a moment" he stuttered, he looked hurt but I couldn't tell if he was faking it or not considering Rafe had faked a lot of things.

   " WHAT? RAFE WE DIDN'T AND FOR WHAT YOU KNOW WE NEVER WILL OKAY!" I screamed at him before funning out the door, I did feel bad for just crushing the guy's heart but right now all that mattered was jj. 

 *JJ's POV*

    In that moment I didn't know what to do, my body didn't move, even though my mind was running.  They stopped kissing and I saw Kie look at me. Without any thought I started running, I wasn't sure where I was going but I wanted to get as far as I could. you can't just run from your problems jj. But I did, how could I face the love of my life with someone else? I past by Pope who was on his truck who looked happy.

    "JJ!" he waved but I kept running. I didn't wanna see anyone right now. I just wanted to be alone. I finally stopped at a abandoned dock in the marsh. I've only been here twice in my life. the first time was when I was twelve and me and John B were trying new fishing spots, and the second time was with the whole gang just hanging. But I never thought I'd come back. The dock was in a T-shape and was pretty long. I sat down on one side on the dock. Crying like a little kid. I grabbed a rock and threw it in the marsh as hard as I could. I put my hands through my hair as if I was trying to rip it out.

    "STUPID KOOKS, ALWAYS GET EVERYTHING THEY WANT!" my pain filled me and you could really hear my cry through my voice. "FUCK I BROKE MY OWN HEART LOVING HER!" I didn't know crying this much was possible, I didn't know being this broken was possible. "I SHOULDN'T HAVE PLAYED STUPID, FUCK MAN, I SHOULD'VE TOLD HER, MAN I LOVE HER SO MUCH!" I looked down at my reflection in the water. I looked like such a mess. "I love her so so so much, and shit I was the reason I lost her", I couldn't yell anymore, my throat hurled really bad. I just stayed quiet for a few moments until I heard footsteps from behind me.

   "You-you love me?" I turned around to see Kie with her face soaked from her tears. Her voice was soft and like she was whispering. I stood up and walked over to her.

 "Kiara, I know you're probably all over Rafe, but I love you. I love you so much Kiara, you mean everything to me, and I'm JJ maybank! I'm not suppose to fall in love, and look at me, a big fucking simp for you, I wasn't even sure I knew what love meant, until you taught me, I've chased you for way too long to just ignore those feelings, I wake up and you're my first thought and you're the last thing I think about when I sleep, you just make my day better, you make me better, you literally complete me-" 

       But before I could finish my lengthy corny love confession she kissed me. I obviously kissed back. I couldn't explain how it felt, after years I finally got to feel the touch of her lips, I felt sparks go through my body, my heart was beating like it was running a marathon. I still couldn't believe this was happening, it all felt like a dream, she was my dream. I could've stayed like that for the rest of my life, that's all I wanted to do. After a while she gently pulled away, our faces were only inches apart.

     "You don't know how long I've been waiting" she whispered, her dark brown eyes seemed to glow to me, it was dark out and I could feel the moonlight hitting on us, while the stars surrounding us as if they were watching.

  "Kie, i dont wanna be just friends, I'm in love with you" I still had tears on my cheeks that weren't completely dry yet. She pulled herself closer to me, her head was now in my chest.

    "I don't either JJ, I don't either" I could feel her smile through my shirt. I just held on to her like that. Kiara Carrara, my girlfriend. I really like the sound of that. Now that I had her I was never going to loose her again. 

    "it's too early for me to say it now but I promise I'm not going to leave you jj, you are my rock and you ain't going no where" she hugged me even tighter. I knew exactly what she meant, she didn't say the L-word. I wasn't going to rush her, this was all new to her I bet, I mean her last relationship was a mess. 

      "it's okay kie, I'm just glad I have you" I gave her a kiss on the forehead before resting it on top of her head. Every man's dream, to be in love, i met by her chance, it's just teen romance but for me it was much much much more than that, it was the end of a new beginning.