chapter eighteen .

*JJ's POV*

   Pope stayed behind because he had some celebration party with his family happening. But me and Kie were about to take the next step in our relationship and I was so excited. Kie didn't even seem as excited as me. Especially since this seemed like something she would've vetoed. We walked to her house to drive in the van. I got in the front seat with Kie sitting next to me in the passenger seat.

    "so we thinking boy or girl?" I asked while pulling out her driveway. She had her head leaning on the glass of the window. Shr sat up and looked at me, "hmmm well I mean I'm fine with whatever, but I would love to have a little boy puppy" she giggled, I smiled.

    "which leads me to my next question, does the age matter?" I wanted to make sure that the dog we get was perfect for Kie, like obviously me too but her needs come before mine always, no matter how much she disagrees.

       "we'll see when we get there" she put a hand on my hand, "and imagine thinking of a name ughhh" she joked, my attention was on the road and when I stopped at a red light. Then Rafe stopped next to us in his motorcycle. I rolled my eyes and pretended not to see him. He took his helmet off and turned to me.

  "you and Kie might be together now but trust me man, me and her had something so don't act all tough and cool that you guys are together" and with that he flew away on his bike. He was heading to figure eight of course. I didn't want him to get in my head. I mean Kie is with me not him so.

    "was that Rafe? I couldn't hear but I saw a motorcycle" Kie asked leaning over to me. I started back driving to the shelter.

"uh no it was one of the kooks on a different bike" I lied, I didn't want her getting into anything with me and him. I'm not sure what's up with him, he's all soft and sweet for kie and a fucking douchebag to anyone else.

   "oh okay, just checking, how far are we from the shelter?" she yawned. We didn't go to bed till late last night so I expected she was a little tired.

  "um like twenty minutes, you can take a nap but it won't be long" I laughed but by the time those words left my mouth she was already fast asleep. I just kept driving. I was hungry, it felt like I haven't ate for years. I drove into a drive thru and ordered two drinks, a coffee for me and a pink drink for Kie, and four donuts. I parked in the parking lot and started eating.

   "ooooo foooodddd" kie woke up and the first thing she did was took a donut and ate it, like she did it so fast like reflexes?

  "yes, youre welcome" I laughed kissing her cheek. I felt like I kiss her too much, I mean we've only been together for not even a full day. But I loved her too much to really take that into consideration. 

"oh yeah thank you babe" she laughed taking a drink from her cup. I smiled really big, that was the first time she called me babe.

   "well on our way to get a little child" I laughed while driving back onto the road.

"you do know a dog and a actual child is not the same thing?" she yelled since she still had food in her mouth.

   "Kiara, don't ruin my dreams" I joked. Eventually we pulled into the parking lot of the animal shelter and we walked inside not knowing how much it would effect us.

The place was white all over and green touches every now and then. There was a middle aged woman sitting behind the front counter.

   "good morning how can I help you two?" She asked looked up from her computer and gave us a smile.

     "Yeah, actually we're here to purchase a dog" Kie smiled using her 'must be sweet to people white girl voice'. I laughed at her and she hit me in the arm. The lady go tup from the desk and walked over to us.

 "Of course, just follow me" she started walking down the hall, we followed behind her. She opened a door and the sound of dogs barking filled the room.

"So just find a dog you like and come back to me and I'll give you some paper work, shouldn't take too long" she smiled closing the door behind her. I looked at Kie and then at the halls of dogs begging for attention.

*Kie's POV*

    "wanna split ways? there's like a trillion dogs here, and we're the only ones" I questioned. JJ was already looking at the closest dog to him. They were all in tall cages and they all looked super mean or sad. I just wanted to take all of them home with me. Being totally honest, I wasn't really on board of getting a dog at first, they're a lot of money and work. But I knew how much JJ loved dogs. I was walking around looking at all the dogs. I still wasn't sure what one to get. It felt like such a big decision, JJ has been treating this getting a dog thing like we're becoming parents and I'm slowly treating like it too. I walked down the hall and saw all the dogs, they were all so cute and I was in love.

     "KIEEEEEEE!!!!"  I heard JJ yelled from the very far side of the place. I ran over to him and saw his happy little face. He was holding a bulldog, which seemed to be one of the only puppies in the whole shelter. The puppy was licking his face and I could tell he loved JJ, I mean who doesn't?

     "who do we got here?" I laughed going over to him to pet the puppy.

"the second best thing to happen to me" he playing with the dog.

     "we haven't even got him yet" I looked up at him. He looked down at me and kissed my forehead.

"well, I knew you were the best thing to happen to me before we got together so same goes for this little-" he put the dog up into the air and looked at him from below, "guy, this little guy" he laughed looking at me. I just smiled at him, he really knew the way to my heart.

   "so what do you think" now both him and the puppy looked at me, both giving puppy eyes. 

"I think we just found the newest member of the maybanks"