chapter twelve .

*Kie's POV* 

we walked outside and I didn't wanna be anywhere near him.

"what do you want from me Rafe?" I asked not making any eye contact.

  "well since yesterday I couldn't stop thinking about you, and I may or may not have past my you and weird Pope's little argument " he shrugged . I thought about last night and did remember a motorcycle pasting by me and Pope but I didn't remember it being Rafe.

  "so?" I rolled my eyes. I put my hair up into a bun because of how hot it was outside.

   "here, I wanna take you somewhere pretty cool" he smirked hoping on his bike. 

"What? is it your personal arcade or something because I hope you know that's not going to impress me"  although I was really curious on what he possibly wanted to show me so I hoped on the back of his bike and took his helmet off.

  "I think I deserve this" I teased. He looked back at me a giggled a bit.

   "anything for you kie" he laughed while driving us off into the middle of nowhere.

*JJ's POV* 

I was walking up into Kie's restaurant, I was so excited to see her. I felt like giving her a hug and making sure she was okay after everything that happened last night. As I walked inside I didn't see her anywhere but then her mom came up to the front desk.

   "hey jj" she smiled tying her hair back into a pony tail. I looked around another time.

"Umm where's kie?" I laughed taking my attention back to her. she looked surprised.

  "Oh honey, she's not here sorry, she's with that really sweet kook boy" she smiled being completely clueless. She's with a kook? which one?

    "Topper?" I asked. She was grabbing some cookies and putting them into a small little plastic baggie.

  "Rafe cameron actually, well take these with you, I made these with Kiara last night" she smiled handing me the bag of cookies. I took them and smiled back at her.

   "thank you so much, always delicious!" I then walked out the door, I couldn't express how pissed off I was. Why the fuck is she hanging out with the guy that is the reason John B is dead? And I know Kiara can be dumb sometimes but Rafe is sooo into her, what the actual-

   I started stuffing my face with cookies from stress. I walked back to the beach and just sat in the sand and ate my cookies.

   *Kie's POV*

     Rafe was driving us up a mountain, I wasn't knew what he was trying to do, but I wasn't going to budge. 

    "Rafe are we there yet? we've been driving for like an hour" I knew we didn't leave the island so we were definitely on the far side. The sky was starting to turn orange.

    "soon princess" when I heard him say that I thought of JJ. Man I wish I was with HIM right now. 

Eventually we got to the top of the mountain, I hoped off putting his helmet on the ground. He played down on the grass looking at me. I looked over the mountain and at the view. The ocean was laid in front of us and the sunset hitting it just right so the ocean looked like it was shimmering. I looked back at Rafe and sat down next to him.

    "wow" I said in awe. He looked over at me and laughed.

   "Yeah, wow is right" he sat up and looked over at me.

"the exact same impression when I first saw you" I felt my face go red, but I just felt flattered, no other reason.

*JJ's POV* 

   I took a nap on the sand when all of a sudden I felt a shake on my shoulders.

"Ughhhh whooo issss itttt" I had my eyes closed and I couldn't care less on who it was.

    Then I heard my favorite little giggle. I sat up and felt wide awake all of a sudden. Kie had her hair down and was wearing my brown hoodie, I gave her months ago which she never seemed to give back.  She sat down next to me and smiled.

   "I missed you today" she laughed. I got really red but she couldn't see because it was really dark out.

   "well why'd you hang out with rafe? huh?" I was so annoyed with the idea of them even being less than three feet apart from each other. 

     " my dad made me. plus he took me to this really cool mountain on the far side of the island" she started playing with the sand for some random reason.

 "yeah, he probably tried hooking up with you" I then took my eyes to the ocean. It was so pretty out.

   "eh, I doubt it" she laughed. I then got really confused.

 "how did you know I was here?" I asked. she laughed a bit before answering.

   " I went home and said I was going to hang with you and my mom said you left a trail of cookie crumbs in the driveway and it led to the beach and I took a bit of a walk and boom here you are, sleeping, having no care in the world" she put her hands through my hair messing it up.

I wanted to kiss her so bad. The way she was wearing my sweatshirt really got me.

"Hey you said you were going to give that back" I pointed to my sweatshirt.

    " well I think I look really good in it, plus ive had it for forever now soooo" she gave me puppy eyes. Damn she was adorable. 

"Ugh fine, hey wanna cookie? I saved it for you" I grabbed my last cookie from my pocket.

"Nah, you can have it JJ" she playfully hit my arm before I shoved the cookie in my mouth.

    "we sleeping outside tonight?" she asked raising eyebrow to me.

"yes. yes we are." I laughed laying my head back down on the sand.

     "You know Rafe is pretty chill" I heard her say. I looked over at her, she was staring at the ocean.

  "And he like, I'm not sure give me good vibes, well until I remember that he killed peterkins" she then laid back down.

    "well, I don't like him. never did , never will" I closed my eyes.

"JJ?" what's up with people asking me questions?

   "Yeah what's up?" I was about to fall asleep again.

"have you ever had a crush on someone?" she asked. My heart felt heavy all of a sudden.

    "you like Rafe?" I asked feeling wide awake but kept my eyes closed to not make it noticeable that I cared.

 "no of course not just wondering" she asked. I knew she was talking about Rafe, I wanted to run away right there.

   "no, I haven't, well goodnight" I then tried falling asleep trying not to cry.

"night JJ, Love you" she then didn't say anything for the rest of the night.

*Kie's POV*

"no, I haven't, well goodnight" was the last thing I heard fromJJ before he fell asleep.

"night JJ, Love you" I fell silent with my mind exploding.

I couldn't sleep that night. I doubt jj has never had a crush before, I then felt wind breezing over me, and got a big whip of JJ's sweatshirt. And he thought I liked Rafe? wow if only he knew ...