chapter fourteen .

*Kie's POV*

After me and JJ's little picnic I walked back to the restaurant to help my parents out. As I walked in the place was FILLED with tourists, I was so excited. I honestly loved cooking which was really ironic considering my parents owned a restaurant. I put my hair up into a bun before entering the kitchen.

    "kie, you're on waitress duty" my dad said while handing me a notepad and pen before speed walking to the freezer. I rolled my eyes, I didn't like being a waitress, I had to act really nice at ALL times. My dad told me that the costumers are always right, which was not a good saying in my opinion. I walked over to this one small family who already had their drinks. The couple seemed kind of young, they had two kids, one was only a baby girl while the other was a boy, toddler, I would guess around the age of three.

    "Good morning, what can I get you guys?" I asked putting on a smile. The boy looked at me and pointed to something on the menu. I bent over a bit to read what he was pointing at.

 "pancakes?" I looked over at the parents for approval. They nodded in agreement and kept looking at the menu before turning back to me.

      "I think we'll all have pancakes, umm with a side of bacon" the man said handing me all the menus.

    "good choice, if my friend JJ was here he'd tell you they are the best on the whole island" I smiled while walking back to the kitchen to hand my parents the order. 

        "hey mom can you make two extras and leave them in a small baggie for me?" I asked just standing there not being much help. She looked over at the order and nodded her head without saying anything. I wanted to leave some for JJ, I knew he would love them. I walked back out to get more orders and deliver food. Then I went to a table and was surprised to see Topper. He was really drifting from all the kooks, but he wasn't hanging out with the Pogues either. I guess he was sad about the death of Sarah. As much as I hated Kooks I felt bad for him. Girlfriend cheated on him and he was still in love with her, then bam she died. All in one week. He was sitting all alone waiting for someone to get his order.

    "Oh hey Topper, what would you like?" I asked flipping to a empty page in my notepad.

"Umm a coffee just a normal, and when is your next break?" he asked smiling. I looked at my watch, then at all the other waiters.

    "I can bring your coffee and have five minutes" I whispered, I wasn't sure why I did when my parents were in the kitchen and the place was filled with people talking. Topped bit his lip and nodded his head. I walked to make the coffee and came back within three minutes. I pulled out the chair from across the table.

      "so what did you need me for?" I asked putting my hands together.

"Um, so the night John B and Sarah...died, I was with them in the bell tower. They said some strange things, like how Rafe killed peterkin, I wish I didn't believe them, well I didn't believe John B, but I believed Sarah-" he kept rambling on about Sarah but my mind stopped listening. He's a witness. They won't believe us Pogues but Topper isn't a Pogue, HES A KOOK. THEY'LL BELIEVE A KOOK. My mind was going wild with all these thoughts that we could finally lock Rafe and Ward up. But Rafe. I can't put him in jail, the kid just has major daddy issues, he... no Kie, if it wasn't for him, John B and Sarah would be here with them right now. But Topper interrupted my thoughts by snapping his fingers in front of me.

     "Topper listen, Sarah and John B weren't lying. You need to report this to the police, please Topper" I begged while trying to be as quiet as I could. He looked at me like he was hurt.

     "I'll think about it Kie, it's just though right now" he whimpered.

Not too long after that he left and I went back to work, I couldn't wait to tell JJ, I knew his face would light up the second I told him that we could finally give Ward what he deserved. Honestly I just couldn't wait to see JJ in general. I missed him, the other day I was thinking. I mean I like JJ a lot, I know deep deep down I liked JJ, but he always seemed to flirt with me in a playful type, I couldn't see him falling for someone, he had a soft side but he wasn't a romantic softie. Just a guy with commitment issues. But the things I would do to just tell him. I didn't wanna believe my feelings for him, because it just didn't sound right. ME with JJ? like I wouldn't land a chance, or talk about ruining a friendship? Plus what would my parents think? Oh and I'll be that girl everyone knows to have had a thing with all her best friends. I was stressed just thinking about it. I wish I could just ask him what he thinks of me. On my break I decided to take a small break and take a walk down the street, I saw a lot of flowers and I decided to pick some up for the restaurant because I thought they would be really pretty.

The restaurant was closing but I wanted to wait for JJ so I stayed behind while my parents went back home. I was cleaning the place up a bit when, when I touched my neck to realize my necklace wasn't there, I was scared because I loved that thing so much, John B bought it for me and it was one of the only things I had left of him. But then I heard a knock coming from the door, it was Rafe. I walked over to let him inside.

      "hey you look really pretty today" he smiled while looking over me. He looked different, my eyes went down to his outfit. It was a Pogue outfit? he was wearing a blue flannel overtop a white tank top and khaki pants. He looked like he was trying REALLY hard.

     "Umm, what are you wearing?" I pointed to his outfit. I could see that he seemed embarrassed that I pointed out. He then leaned closer to me.

  "you wanna go up to that mountain tonight?" his voice sounded really husky and slow. I could feels chills go down my back. I went speechless I didn't know what to say, and without a word he kissed me. I was shocked and didn't move for a quick ten seconds when I pulled away.

    "what the hell rafe?" I then grabbed my bag of pancakes that were meant for JJ. and turned to leave when I saw from out the window JJ. His face was still. Did he see me and rafe? well no shit Kiara. But before I could move I saw him shake his head in frustration and run off. I felt tears running down my cheeks. Don't cry kie, don't cry, I felt myself break down right there.