chapter nine .

*JJ's POV*

    Me and Pope got into his dad's truck and headed to Kiaras house when Pope got a call.  I didn't think much of it, I just looked out the window and thought of Kie.

   "wait really?!yeah of course! oh my gosh thank you SO SO SO much !!" Pope was basically screaming at this point. I looked over at him and he had the biggest smile on his face. I really wanted to know what was going on but he was still on the phone. I sat up in my seat and gave him wided eyes. Pope then got hung up and had tears dripping down my eyes and looked over at me while still driving and almost made us swerve. I quickly grabbed the wheel.

    "god damn pope, I'm not sure how good this news is, but I don't think it's worth our lives" I laughed before he grabbed hold of the wheel again and looked at the road.

   "JJ THEY'RE GIVING ME A SECOND INTERVIEW!!!" he screamed at me. It was for his scholarship.

        "THAT'S WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT POPEY!!!" I gave him a nuggie and smiled. I was so happy for him, when he left his first interview last week I knew that his chances were slim but everyone seemed to care about the gold, I mean I did but now he has a second chance.

   "IM SO EXCITED TO TELL KIE, I CAN'T WAIT TO KISS HER" he smiled looking at the road. The last part of his sentence stuck to me. I don't even know how it must feel to be able to know you could kiss kie. Like I would feel so honored. Damn, Pope is one lucky guy. 

 " Yeah...so when is it?" I tried changing the topic of Kie. 

"Tonight actually, you should come. It would mean the world to me man" he asked looking over at me but his smile never faded. I bit my lip and returned a smile.

  "yeah man of course anything you want, im here" he was happy to hear that. I looked back out the window. I was so happy for Pope but i felt strange. We pulled up into Kie's driveway. Pope ran out and ran inside. I walked in afterwards. The first thing I saw was Pope and Kie hugging and smiling really big. I felt my heart sink. 

    "OMG I'M SO PROUD OF YOU" She hugged him even tighter.

"Don't get your hopes up, just because you got the interview doesn't mean shit" I wasn't sure what got over me but I was just so done.

   "What the hell JJ?" Kie seemed unamused, Pope on the other hand was laughing.

"Awe thanks man" He laughed and parted from Kie. I went along with it and pretended I was joking. I walked over to a seat and sat down and put my head down on the table. I wasn't sure how to feel, I was just tired and wanted to sleep.  Then I felt someone touch my head. I looked up and it was Kie's mom.

   "hey JJ, you feeling okay?" she asked while giving me a concern look.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I gave her a smile before returning my head back to the table.

   "Here, I'll make you a chocolate milkshake" She walked off.

"oh no you don't have to" I replied but she was already gone. I looked over to Pope and Kie. They were smiling really big. I knew Kie said she was going to break it off but I wasn't so sure, plus she has no interest in me, and I feel like my only interest is her. Kie looked over at me and smiled. Her smile was my light. I gave her a smile back and looked in front of me. My mind wandered around until Kie's mom dropped a milkshake in front of me.

   "don't worry JJ it's on the house" she smiled. I sat up and started drinking it.

"Thanks Mrs. Carrera, means a lot" I took a big sip before she went back to taking people's orders.  I looked back at kie and pope. I wanted that so bad, and it wasn't that I just wanted a relationship, I wanted one with kie. 

    Later that day I dropped Pope off at his interview. Kie was in the back of the van with him fixing his tie and his tux. I was always expecting us to drop him off at his scholarship interview, even when he had his first interview I was expecting to be there for him. I always expected John B to drive us there, me in the back with his hyping him up, and Kie up front giving words of encouragement. This was different. I pulled up into the driveway and watch Pope get out, Kie stayed back in the car.

   "good luck, not that you need it" She smiled, I walked out the van and went up to Pope.

"You got this man, don't mess it up again because what are the chances of a third interview" I grabbed his shoulders. He laughed a bit, "thanks for the confidence JJ" he smiled.

   "Go get up big guy" and with that he walked into the building. I walked back into the van and sat in the back with Kie. She was starring at the ceiling of the van. I crawled onto the ground next to her. We stayed quiet for a bit a few moments and just laid there.

   "JJ do you ever think about the future?" kie turned over to me. I still looked to the ceiling.

  "nope, never have and never will." I smiled . her head turned back to face the ceiling.

   "Come on JJ, you have to have thought of something" She laughed.

"Well, I mean, I would love to move away, like out of the states, but as long as I'm off this island" I said so surely of myself.

     "Well I wanna be with you and Pope" she smiled, I then knew exactly what she was thinking.

"you know just because Pope might get this scholarship doesn't mean we're all gonna spilt up" I sat up and looked down at her. She started looking really upset.

"You're not sure, I mean Pope is going to go to college and live a his life he's always wanted to,  and most likely become a kook, you don't even know what you wanna do, I wanna go to Antarctica and ride llamas all day, and.. and John B and Sarah are gone" Her lips started shivering and she started to try to sit up. I jumped into a tight her with her, and her eyes started pouring. I tried shushing her.

    "no, no, it'll be okay Kie, I'm not going to leave you, and Pope won't either, if you wanna go to Antarctica I'll go with you Kie, if you wanna ride llamas somewhere in South America , I'LL DO IT TOO, even though you know how much those things scare me."  I felt her giggle through her tears. She sat back up and looked at me. 

    "Really?" she sniffed. I smiled at her, she was so cute.

"Of course Kie, I'd do anything for you" I whispered, I knew she didn't take it the way I meant it, but I was crushed at the thought of loosing her.