chapter thirteen .

*JJ's POV*

     I woke up with sand in my mouth. I quickly spit it out and and rubbed my eyes. I really regretted sleeping in the sand. I looked over on my side and saw Kie, she was sleeping really deeply. I looked towards the ocean, there were some old men fishing in the distance, but besides them it seemed like me and Kie were the only ones on the beach.  There was sand all of her hair. I laughed a bit before getting a VERY dumb idea. I slowly picked her up making sure she wouldn't wake up and walked over to the ocean.

     "BE GONE " and I dropped her waking her up instantly.

"WHAT THE HELL JJ?!?" she got up and started chasing after me. 

    "GOOD MORNING, YOU LOOK A LITTLE WET, DID YOU GO ON A SWIM ?" I laughed while running towards her family's restaurant. I ran inside and went still. Her dad was standing behind the counter. Kie went ran up behind me jumping on my back soaking wet. She got off and faked a smile.

   "good morning dad" she walked over to him and went to the back of the kitchen. I just stood there and looked over at her dad. Usually I would've been more chill, and just messed around but I wanted her dad to like me, before I didn't care that he thought I was a bad influence, but after yesterday how he thought RAFE was better than me really ticked me off.

    "Your daughter is really amazing" I complimented giving a smile.  He gave me a strange look, probably because he wasn't use to me acting so mature.

  "yeah, I know, how's it been going?" he asked while washing the counter top. It was still really early so no customers were here yet.

  "Um really good actually, with everything that happened last week, pope and kie are really holding me up" I felt weird talking like this, was not something I wanted to get use to.

   Kie then came out with a backpack on her back. She looked at me and then back at her dad.

    "ummmm...well I got food for me and jj, I'll be back in like a hour" she smiled while walking out with me. I waved at her dad before I left to finish that "mature jj" touch. We started heading to the place we spent the night last night.

     "OOO what'd you get meeee" I said taking a peek into the backpack. She laughed while handing me a sandwich and a bottle of water.

   "sorry, I couldn't make anything super fancy" she grabbed herself a sandwich. I laid down in the sand taking a bite out of my sandwich.

      "not fancy? just the way I like it" I winked at her. She blushed a bit which was probably the cutest thing ever. We finished eating and just talked until an hour went bye when Kie left to go help her parents. I decided to walk over to John B's place to take a ride on the boat and on my way there I saw Rafe on his motorcycle passing by. Then the memories from last night came rushing in. I shared my head and kept walking. I hope he's not going to see Kie. On my way I saw a turtle crossing the street. I picked it up and put him on the other side of the road, I didn't want a car to run over him or anything. I walked down to where he was walking by and realized that it wasn't a HE. The turtle was going to her eggs, I didn't know too much about turtles but Kie was always talking about them and from looking at these eggs they were definitely going to hatch any day now. Hmm after the restaurant closes tonight I should take her to see these. she'll love this. I continued my walking and finally reached the place I went on the boat. I grabbed a fishing pole from the boat and started fishing. All I could think about was Kie. I wanted to leave this island with her and go somewhere far far far away, and live in some small house right on the ocean. My phone interrupted when I got a call from pope.

   "Hey what's up bud" I asked picking up the phone.

    "I POPE HAYWARD GOT THE MOTHERFUCKING SCHOLARSHIP!!!" he screamed into the phone. I could tell he was jumping. I laughed at the thought of Pope acting like a little kid.

     "YES I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU" I really was even though I knew that he's going to college after high school and that changed my plans for the future. A part of me was really hoping he wouldn't get the scholarship, but I was proud of him. He deserves this.

    "THANKS JJ, I GOTTA GO BUT I'LL SEE YOU LATER AHHH" and he hung up one me. I giggled a bit. He sounded like such a girl. But now what am I suppose to do? Pogues for Life? Pope is going to collage and John B is... dead. Kie is all I had left and I knew she wanted so much in her future. Man this is why I don't think about the future.  I always fall down this rabbit hole, and the last thing I want is for me to end up like my dad.

    After a while I was walking to Kie's place I saw one of her necklaces on the sand of the beach. Thats strange? I picked it up and kept walking. I saw that the restaurant was closed and that Her parents weren't even there. But I saw Kie inside. Kie and Rafe. Kissing.