chapter six .

*JJ's POV* 

I felt like I was running for hours. But when I finally reached Kie's restaurant I walked in and was out of breath. The first person I saw was her dad. He was smiling till he saw me walk in. I knew he never liked me...or any of us Pogues, but I was use to it. 

      " Omg jj ! there you are" I saw kie came from the kitchen.

"Hey kie, you busy?" I asked knowing very well she was. Her dad looked at her and back at me.

   "nope not at all, see you dad" and before her dad could say anything Kie jumped over the counter and grabbed my sleeve and ran out of the restaurant.

"damn girl, I know every girl wants a piece of jj but you need to slow down" I waved my hands down my body like a presentation. Kie rolled her eyes and we started going to John B's. Weirdly enough we haven't actually been inside his house since his death, but it was where we parked the boat. We don't even dare to look at it. 

     "hey jj" kie was walking next to me and her eyes were on the ground.

"Yea, what's up?" I looked over at her. All of a sudden the sun hit her face just at the right moment because she looked like she was glowing. 

    "thanks for letting me stay with you the past two nights, like out of all seriousness I just don't know who to go to anymore, well I mean I obviously do, you. but its just tough" She looked deeply sad. I was going to say something but she interrupted me. "Like you have your own problems,  with your dad, and your best friend from like first grade just passed, and I just want you to know im always here for you" she now had tears coming down her face. I stopped walking and pulled into her a tight hug.

"its okay kie, im okay, I can handle these things, I don't want you to feel like you're another worry because you're not okay, you're probably the only thing holding me up through all this" I was hugging her really tight as she was crying in my arms. It made me think of the time my dad hurt me and I was over it and kie and pope was there for me. mostly kie, she didn't even hesitate to hug me, that was one of the very few times I felt loved.  After a while she finally let go. She was no longer crying she just smiled at me.

      "come on, lets get to the boat, I need myself a swim" She started running.  " LAST ONE ON THE BOAT IS A ROTTEN KOOK !!" she started running even faster. I laughed at her and started running after her, I didn't wanna beat her so I did run slower but I wasn't gonna tell her that.

    As I reached up to kie at John B's house I saw her starring at the bonfire place. I could tell she was most likely thinking of the memories. I looked over at the boat.

    "hey kie you said the first one on the boat not the house" and with that I started running on the dock and jumped on the boat. Kie came up to me laughing.

   "stop laughing. im in actual pain. I can't feel my abs" I said trying to hide the actual pain with humor. She walked over me and sat down on a seat. "Get up shit head, I want to goooo" she wined while giving me puppy eyes. I got up and started driving to the marsh. 

     As we I was driving I swerved really fast a bit to mess with Kie. She fell out of her seat and landed on her butt. "What the hell JJ" I laughed at her as she got up.

    "I'm a very confident driver " I remarked raising my eyebrows at her.

"JJ YOU JUST MADE ME FALL" she screamed but she was laughing through it.

   "confidently" I winked at her as she rolled her eyes. She got up and slapped me in the arm.

"Aye what was that for?" I groaned. She sat back down in her seat. 

    "for being annoyingly stupid" she laid down which im guessing meant she wanted to tan.

"ouch that hurteded " The kie laughed again. "what's wrong?" I asked really confused.

    "Hurteded is not a word silly" She looked at me smiling.

" YOU SHOULD KNOW ME KIE, IM NOT THE SMARTEST SPOON IN THE DRAWER!!" I yelled at her, and the second I did she bursted out laughing.  Only for me to realize what I said. 

"Oh shut it" I shushed her. She was still laughing at me. god was she beautiful. Dammit I did it again, a couple weeks ago I would think this same thing  but i didn't feel like this when I thought about her.