chapter ten .

*JJ's POV* 

     After Pope came out he got into the front seat. We all looked at him dead in the eye.

"It went...AMAZING!!" he jumped up and me and kie started cheering for him.

      "did you get it?" I asked. Kie and pope looked at each other and laughed.

"JJ...it takes a little longer to figure out rather he gets it or not" she laughed. I felt so dumbfounded.

"oh yea, I knew that" giving the two a smirk. I got out from the back of the van and sat in the front seat and started driving. As I was driving I passed by Kie's and Pope's house.

   "JJ where we going?" Pope asked now sitting up more.

"Well...I'm thinking we should celebrate" And with that I turned into the driveway of John B's. Kiara was now getting up from the back and looking out the window.

   "why are we here?" she asked curiously.

     "well, I'm thinking we should use the cat's ass before I put her for sale" I smirked feeling proud of myself.  Pope looked happy and Kie sort of did, I could tell she wanted to tell me it was a bad idea but she seemed in a really good mood.  As we walked out and saw the hot tub I felt a shiver. I thought about the last time I was in that thing. The way Kie was there for me. I couldn't explain how I felt in that moment, I felt like the only people I had was the Pogues. I shook my head and took my shirt off before getting in. Pope did the same and Kie back to the van to grab some beers. 

       " yesss Kiara, you know just what I was thinking" I smiled grabbing a beer from her.

It was already dark out but I didn't think Pope's parents would care too much since for all they know he might've had a bad interview and wanted time to himself, but I wasn't sure about Kie's parents.

   "ooo JJ must be happy, I got called KIARA" she laughed while taking her shirt and shorts off before getting into the hot tub. I looked over at Pope who had his arm around Kie. I rolled my eyes but I didn't think either of them seemed to notice. 

     "Well duh he is, his best friend just got a amazing future ahead of him and he's just all smiles" I laughed talking to myself in third person.

    Pope then seemed like his focus was on something else.

"Guys someone was in John B's house" he said in shock. We all then looked over to his house and the door was open and at first I thought someone was actually there. But then I figured out what he was thinking about and I wanted to warn Kie but I was too late.

       "oh no it's fine, me and JJ stayed here last night" she seemed so chill. I wanted to hide my face.

"Wait what?" Pope asked blinking his eyes real fast. Kie then realized what she had said.  

     "it's nothing Pope, we were tired and it was late, and there was no van to go back home" she put her hand on his arm. I looked over at them and out my beer down.

"Yeah Pope, Kie was already sleeping, and I just put her the in bed that's all" I reassured him.

   "Oh well did you sleep in the same bed? huh?" he then stood up. We both didn't say anything.

He then got out the hot tub and Kie started running after him. I got up after a few moments and started running to him too.

  "Look Pope it's not like it meant anything, for Pete's sake it was NOTHING. We spelt in the same bed, no touching or anything Pope, just breathe and realize what you're thinking and how insane it is" Kie said putting her hands up in front of him.

   "Oh yeah? Then what's that on your guys neck huh? don't think I didn't notice that this morning? Kie you have got to be stupid if you think I wouldn't care about that type of stuff" He shouted. Kie looked hurt and scared. I got in front of him and pushed him

     "Why you gotta be so harsh on her? huh? what the hell did she do? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! She has always did this type of stuff, until you decided to be a overprotective person, you guys aren't even together and look at yourself! And what you think that Kie isn't loyal? if you think that your head is full of BULLSHIT" I looked at him with irritation. But in my surprise he pushed me too.

     "JJ, JUST SHUT IT. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND BECAUSE YOU'VE NEVER BEEN IN LOVE BEFORE" he yelled back. And that's when it really hit me. I'm in love with Kie.  But I didn't need that right now.

    "MAYBE YOURE RIGHT POPE, MAYBE I HAVEN'T BEEN IN LOVE BUT I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T EITHER. WHAT YOU FEEL FOR KIE ISN'T LOVE. AND GUESS WHAT SMART BOY SHE DOESN'T LOVE YOU EITHER" and then I fell silent, and so did everyone else. What I just said could ruin everything. Pope looked over at Kie.

    "what?" he quivered his eyes were full of water. I could see the pain in his voice, it reminded me of ... well me.

    "Pope, I wanted to tell you, I wanted to break it off but so much was happening and" but before she could finish Pope interrupted her.

"So you told JJ. before me. and JJ? " he now turned to me. I had guilt in my eyes and I felt so bad.

    "My best friend, turned against me" he then ran off. Kie ran after him. I grabbed her by her arm.

"no Kie, he needs time to himself" but she ignored me.

"No JJ, he needs me right now" and she ran off again. I fell to my knees and started crying.

I didn't wanna loose Pope right now. John B was my best friend and he was the only person I related to, and when John B wasn't there I had Pope, my ride or die. He was like a little brother I had, one I could teach my secrets too. I looked into the marsh and thought about how the four of us use to go fishing and cook dinner and just have the time of our lives.

    I started crying. I wanted this whole thing to blow over. I laid down in the grass and fell asleep.