02

Chapter Two
Fight Club

Riley spends most of her time at work these days but she's been missing spending time with her friends. JJ has been calling her most days asking her to come surfing with the rest of the pogues but she was always working so she decided she'd go to the kegger tonight at the beach. Riley kept taking on extra shifts to avoid talking to John B she didn't want to have another argument with him so the best thing she could do was keep out of his way.

"Are you working another shift this week" Iris Cameron asked as she hung up her apron on the back door.

"Yeah I can't face him... and I need the money" Riley answered simply as she turned to face her best friend.

"You know you both have to talk eventually isn't it better to just get it over and done with" Iris tried to help the situation as Riley shook her head adamantly.

"I have no problem talking to John B but he constantly jumps down my neck about dad and I'm just sick of it so no I'm going to avoid having this conversation like the plague" Riley answered as she began serving drinks.

Riley had noticed that Rafe and his group of friends were sitting at a table as the new girl walked up to them to take there order. The girl was from the cut and Riley knew her from when her and the pogues would pick Kiara up at the wreak. Riley kept her eye on the table as the new girl began to look around nervously as she waited for them to choose there food.

"Hey it's okay I can take there order if you want" Riley spoke softly as the girl nodded her head.

"Thank you... I'll go and fill the bar" she answered as she scurried away.

"All of you eat here everyday and you all order the same thing every time so next time don't be dicks and tell her your order" Riley huffed as she picked up all of they're menus and began walking away.

"Riley wait up" Rafe called as he followed close behind her.

"What do you want Rafe" she muttered as she placed the menu's down on the bar.

"Look I'm sorry we were just messing around... what are you doing tonight" he asked as she walked around to pour some drinks.

"I'm not speaking to you until you apologize to her" she replied as she looked in the direction of the new girl.

"You're so full of shit Riley" he huffed as he stormed of in her direction.

Riley watched in amusement as Rafe apologized to the girl. She knew exactly what Rafe was like but she knew how to handle him and he seemed to like Riley enough to actually listen to what she had to say. All she wanted to do was laugh but she tried her very best to contain her laughter as he walked back over her.

"I apologized to her so can you tell me what your doing later on tonight" he asked in an angry tone as she smiled up into his face.

"I'm going to the bonfire on the beach tonight... will I happen to bump into you there" she asked as he looked down into her brown eyes.

"Who are you going with" he asked as she looked over at Iris.

"Your sister and my friends" she answered shortly as he slightly nodded his head.