21

Chapter Twenty One
The Aftermath

Riley woke up to a blinding light blurring her vision but once the light dimmed down she saw John B sitting across the hospital bed. Everything that happened came rushing back as she remembered Rafe coming into her bedroom and finding her. Thoughts of regrets clouded her mind as she began to sit up slowly. All she could think off was how disappointed everyone must be, she made a pretty bad decision but that's all it was she never set out to kill herself, that wasn't her intention.

"John B I'm so sorry" she whispered shamefully as he got up out of the chair and made his way around to her side the bed.

"I've two questions for you and I need you to answer then honestly" he told her as she nodded her head slightly.

"Did you want to die" he asked bluntly.

"No... no that wasn't... I'm not suicidal I just wanted to take my mind off things... I don't know" she mumbled as she tried to explain.

"You wanted to take your mind off things... okay then why didn't you go for a fucking walk" he snapped as she looked him dead in the eyes.

"Because walking helps fucking nobody... I know what I did must have scared you and I'm sorry for that but I also don't have to sit here and listen to you lecture me... you've done that enough over the past few months"

"Oh so now it's my fault you nearly killed yourself... you always do this you know that, you blame everybody else for things that go wrong in your life" he continued as she thought back to the birth certificate she found in her dads office.

"Dad left you a voice recording and you never thought to mention it to me... you kept it all to yourself because he never once mentioned me in it... everything was about you, everything was always about you" she confessed as he looked down at her.

"I didn't want to upset you" he replied shortly as she laughed lightly.

"Why it's not like you've ever cared that much anyway" she shot back.

The words spilled out of her mouth before she could take them back. Riley knew how much he cared about her but she was angry not necessarily at John B but he was the only person in the room right now that she could let her anger out at.

"Your selfish, careless and a cold hearted bitch... all you do is think about yourself. I got pushed off a fucking tower because I stuck up for you and this is the thanks I get... I should have let Topper throw you off it instead at least then I wouldn't have to hear my little sister constantly complain about not being loved enough by our dad... get over it" he voiced honestly as she wiped the tears from her eyes.

Everything he said might have been out of anger but there was some truth to the words he'd just spoken and deep down she knew it too. Anger, red, revenge where the three words replaying over and over in her head as she thought of something just as hurtful to spew at him.

"Well good thing your not my biological brother then" she blurted coldly while he looked over at her, confusion etched across his expression.

"Yeah I went into dad's office and found my birth certificate along with an adoption certificate confirming that we're not actually related at all... it was all one big fucking lie and you know what I'm glad it was because now we don't have to continue acting like we give a shit about each other, you can go on with your life and please do me a favor and get the fuck out of mine" she snapped as he took a few steps backwards.