𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨 <𝟑

Chapter Twenty Eight
Betrayal

Riley always felt as though her time was limited, once the water grabbed hold of her she was no longer able to resist the urge to be carried out to sea. While her bones loosened, the pressure of the water continued to make it's way down into her lungs, coldness settled deep into her system as all her senses began to drift away with her. Darkness soon came and with a breath of relief she finally decided to let it take her.

Time was no longer a luxury she had, time faded, time blended together but eventually time would stop. People weren't made to live forever but they also weren't meant to die before they even had a chance to live, death wasn't the friend she thought he was, death was convincing, death was manipulative but this time death was wrong. Riley didn't want to die, she didn't want to leave any of her friends behind, Riley wanted to live.

Panic settled in as the water continued to engulf her and as the minutes faded into seconds and soon the seconds faded into nothing her final thought was wether John B was facing the exact same fate as her or wether he was frantically searching for his sister.

"I knew we should have started looking for her sooner... if we did she wouldn't have been so close to death" a high pitched voice squealed.

"Sarah she's fine okay.. she's not dead, she's here and breathing. I needed to make sure you were okay first" John B replied adamantly.

"Oh how nice of you to think of me at all" was the first thing Riley managed to get out.

"Riley thank god you're okay... I was so worried about you" Sarah spoke, concern evident in her features.

"I'm okay, thank you for helping me"

"Okay so now that you're finally awake we can decide what we're going to do" John B spoke up while he stared directly down at Riley.

"Why are you looking at me like that"

"John B don't..." Sarah began as he cut across her.

"You always try and take the spotlight off me... every single time you always have to be dramatic over the smallest of things"

"Dramatic, are you actually being serious right now... I nearly died, do you fail to remember when Topper nearly drowned you because if I'm remembering it correctly you thought you were going to die as well and I don't remember ever making you feel like you were overreacting... oh and another thing who was it that actually made him stop"

"I'm not talking about me" he replied shortly.

"I asked you a question who was it that made him stop"

Silence was the only response she was given as he made his way toward Sarah.

"I came here with you, I risked everything just to make sure you wouldn't be on your own. I always put my neck on the line for you but what do I get in return"

"You shouldn't want anything in return" he replied harshly.

"Please we don't need to do this right now" Sarah voiced as she looked directly over at Riley.

"I never expected anything from you in return but what I at least deserve is a little bit of understanding... who am I kidding though I should have never come here with you in the first place, he was right you would never have done this for me if the shoe was on the other foot" she whispered softly.