07

Chapter Seven
Reminiscing

Riley had been walking for awhile and somehow her feet had taken her all the way to Barry's house. Riley didn't do drugs regularly but sometimes she did smoke and at that moment in time that's all she wanted to do.

"Riley what are you doing here" a voice spoke from behind her.

"I should be asking you the same question Rafe" she muttered as she turned around to face him.

"Em I'm just..." he tried to reply but Riley began to speak over him.

"On second thought how about neither of us ask each other any questions... because realistically I'm not that interested in why you're here" she spoke honestly as Rafe slightly nodded his head.

"Yo Ry... I didn't even know you were here" Barry called as he came walking over to the two of them.

"What you doing here with country club" he asked as he eyed the both of them.

"We're not here together" Rafe answered shortly as Riley smiled up at Barry.

"Okay then whatever you say... country club you want your regular" he questioned while Rafe nodded.

"Good and Ry you want what you got last time" he asked as she smiled.

"Yes B thank you" she spoke softly as Barry turned away and walked back into his house.

"What's he getting for you" Rafe asked for the second time.

"Did we not just say we wouldn't ask each other any questions" Riley sighed as Rafe looked down at her.

"Fine whatever... it's just a little bit of weed" she answered honestly as Rafe smiled.

"He gets me some coke when I need it" he replied skeptically.

"You do you I guess... just em be careful" she uttered as Barry came walking back towards them.

"Thank you Bazzer" Riley sang as Rafe handed him money for the both of them.

"See I knew the two of you we're together or some shit" Barry laughed as Riley shot him a serious look.

"If you say that one more time you'll be losing a very trustworthy customer" she spoke as Barry continued to laugh.

"Oh Ry don't hurt my feelings like that" he replied as she laughed and began to walk off.

"You're a dick Barry" she giggled as Rafe followed closely behind her.

"Do you want me to drop you home" he asked while he put on his helmet.

"I'm not getting on that death trap" she murmured as he laughed to himself.

"I won't crash it... I promise" he reassured her.

"Okay fine then but only if you don't drop me home" she smiled up at him as he placed a helmet onto her head.

"Deal... we can head back to mine if you want" he stated as she nodded in agreement while he helped her up onto the bike.

Riley had never been on a motorbike before and she felt kind of stupid putting her life in the hands of Rafe Cameron but for some unknown reason she trusted him. Before Rafe began to drive off he placed Riley's arms tightly around his waist. Riley could feel the heat radiating from her body as he held onto her hand for a little while longer before he eventually began to drive away from Barry's house. For the whole drive to the Cameron's Riley held onto him like her whole life depended on it.

"Are you okay back there" he asked as she finally let go of him.

"I'm sorry if I squeezed the life out of you" she laughed while he gently took off her helmet.