2.01.1

Thank you for all the support on season 1! Here's season two.

How to read chapter tittle

Ex: 2.01.1
Season 2, episode 1, part 1
Ex: 2.03.2
Season two, episode 3, part 2

Enjoy!

The Gold

I was a hypocrite.

For what seemed like forever ago when I was gone out of my mind with disbelief and anger at the Cameron's for stealing the gold, John b wanted to bail.

I remember I looked over at him, losing the 'I don't care' wall that I had put up and said, "you can't run away from your problems."

They always come right back.

And that was true in John bs case, he ran from his problems and his problems took him under.

Running from his problems cost him his life.

I was hoping I was wrong for once, I only tried to act like I knew everything but in reality I was as clueless and scared as ever.

So I ignored my own advice,

And left.

It was the most cowardly thing I could have done but it was my only out.

I couldn't sit on john b's couch or lay on his boat or sit in my own house for that matter without him and Sarah swarming my mind.

Another second in that stupid town and I would have exploded.

I remember I asked Kie what would happen when John b left. I told her we weren't the stars of this movie, what would happen when the glue left and only the supporting characters were left.

I knew we'd break apart but I didn't know it would be me doing the breaking. Everyone in that town was so okay with everything. Rafe lived free, ward lived free and my best friend took the price.

I couldn't stay.

Even now everywhere I looked I saw John b face or saw Sarah's shirt or Kies car. I saw them everywhere and it was a constant nightmare.

Texas was a lot different than the OBX.

My dad's mom lived in Texas and when I told my mom I needed a break she suggested we go there. My grandma had always loved my mom even after my dad died so she was more than happy to see me and her.

I hadn't talked to my friends... in awhile.

My social battery started sinking as soon as John b died and I shut off. I shut off from the world while the other pogues expressed their grief in ways of anger and sadness.

I remember when I left them high and dry to deal with their own feelings while I dealt with mine. It was selfish.

It wasn't long after John b died, a few days maybe, if that, and we all sat in complete silence on John b's dock. Pope was sitting next to me, his head against one of the boards. JJ and Kie sat across from us drinking their sorrows away.

I could almost picture John b and Sarah sat next to me laughing.

"I gotta get out of here." I whispered, squeezing my eyes. My breath got short as I rocked back and forth on top of the dock rails. Anxiety attacks had been happening as much as breathing for me since John b died, one thought of him in my head and poof.

"Are you okay?" Pope had asked and Kie had stood up.

"Addie it's alright." JJ had said standing up, walking towards me slightly with his hands out to the side.