2.08.3

"Where the hell have you guys been?" Pope yelled as my friends sat ontop of the Twinkie that was almost fully covered in water.

"Dead beat parents. You know except my moms actually dead and Luke only dead in my dreams so." I said giving my friends a tight smile and JJ rummaged around in the car.

"Luke was at the Chataeu." JJ stated.

"Oh great! While you were having a family time with the pops, John b got bit by a gator!" Pope yelled at us.

"Like for real?" JJ asked

"Does it look like we're joking?" Sarah asked JJ.

"What the actual hell happened." I said, "John b are you okay?"

" what happened- I got bit by a gator!" John b yelled at me.

" I did not sit through 5 minutes of Luke telling me how he could have been my father to get yelled at by a boy with one leg." I yelled back at John b.

"We are yeling at you because it took twenty minutes for you to get here!" Kie yelled at me with a collection of my other friends yelling aswell.

"I was at my moms funeral!" I yelled back.

"Oh you are not playing the dead mom card." John b said.

"Yeah I am playing the dead mom card." I challenge, "and the dead dad card. And the other dead dad card. And the dead family card. And the every other freakin card!"

A collection of our yells drowned eachother out as you couldn't even understand who as talking anymore.
"Shut up!" JJ yelled causing all us to do just that, "seriously, guys, I can't take it anymore, all right? Eveyone just cut it out for a second." He said leaning against a tree.

"Look I just helped my dad leave this island for good. Like he's not ever coming back. He's staring up like the Spanish. Just, 'Bon Voyage.'" He said

It wasn't the time to correct him that he was indeed speaking French but I chose to ignore it for the time beeing.

"All we got... and I know for a fact all I got is you guys, okay? You're it. And I've come too close to losing you, all of you. I mean shit Kie you almost drowned, pope you were kidnapped, Sarah you've been shot, John b you were almost dinner for a freaking gator, bro. Addie you have almost died more times than I can count on my hand, shot, shot, shot, drowned, drugged and whatever else happened to you. So this blaming each other is some Kook ass bullshit, all right? We don't do that. Okay? We're pogues." JJ said, "sorry, that was a lot right now. I didn't mean to..."

I looked at him impressed by his speech. JJ was the only person I knew that was terrible at using his words as well as amazing. Sometimes it didn't make since but it was always important.

I looked at my friends and clapped as they started to clap. JJ smiled alittle, "well done." Pope said.

"I gotta be honest, that was the best freakin speech you have ever given. Also you should think about like, a Rosetta Stone because your Spanish and French are flip flopped." John b said earning nothing but two middle fingers from JJ.

"Let's bon voyage out of here." Sarah said.

"Alright let's get this damn Twinkie out of here."

We eventually did get the Twinkie out with my amazing driving skills and alot of JJs directing.
JJ drove my car following the Twinkie to the church which apparently had the suppose cross in it.
It was old and worn down as the wood creaked from under our feet.
John b had an arm wrapped around my neck as he hobbled into the church.

"Okay you're telling me Denmark Tanny decided to hide the cross here?" JJ asked.

Pope nodded as looked around.
"Everybody, just spread out." Kie said.