1.10.4

𓇽

I sat in the back of a police car alone while jj, Pope and Kie were in another one.

"Now what's Addison Welch doing involved in a murder case?" The officer said, I recognized him as one of Chad's friends. I stayed quiet and looked out the window.

"Come on, you can tell me." He stated.

I continued to stay quiet and the officer sighed in annoyance. We pulled up to where I guess they were set up and he got out of the car, opening the door for me. "Follow your friends to the tent." He said.

I nodded lightly and walked towards them.

"Sit down. Don't move. We got a lot to talk about." Shoupe said as I sat down by JJ. "Keep an eye on these kids."

I looked around at all the stuff for John b. His photo, tons of computers and the SBI agent shouted orders. JJ held my hand as I tapped my foot anxiously. I didn't know what the next move was. Were we losing or were we winning?

𓇽

I focused on the rain that Bounced off the tent we were in. Anxiously waiting for anything. Any news. Maybe even a hey we got him and he's not going to jail. I think that would be the win.

Shoupe walked and his deputies walked in and I immediately stood up, walking towards them searching their face for any information.

"Did you find them?" I asked.

Shoupe shook his head. "No."

"So they got away?" Kie asked hopefully.

Shoupe looked down at the ground for a second and then back at us. "We, uh.. we lost them. I'm sorry."

"You lost them?" Pope asked. "What do you mean you lost them? Like they're gone? What are you talking about?"

"They took an open boat into the tropical depression Pope."

"So they're dead?" Kie asked.

My knees buckled under me slightly and JJ had to grab me so I didn't fall to the ground.

"We don't know."

I let out a small sob and grabbed JJ arm, burning my head into it. "You'd roge them straight through the storm, man! Are you kidding me? Come here!" JJ yelled, pushing me off of him and grabbing the shoupe. "I'm gonna kill you!"

"JJ, stop!" Kie cried.

"I'm gonna milk you, you bastard!"

"Hey! You killed him!"

I watched as JJ was getting held back, Pope was yelling and getting pushed back and Kie crying.

I let out a sob, my breath catching in my throat and I started to hyperventilate. "JJ." I muttered.

"Hey! Hey! Let me go! She's having a panic attack." JJ yelled to the officer who was holding him. The officer let go and jj grabbed me right before I was about to hit the floor. He sat down on the chair, crying himself like I was crying.

"Hey calm your breathing. It's okay." He said. I tried but I couldn't. Just the word kept repeating in my head. 'Dead'

"Addie!" I heard my mom shout and I didn't look over, just stared at JJ's face trying to calm myself.

"She's having a panic attack." JJ said, his voice cracking. "Shh Addie it's okay. I'm right here." JJ said.

"They-they're dead." I managed to get out.

My mom had tears streaming down her own face and she grabbed me pulling me into a hug. "He's gone mom." I sobbed into her neck. "John b, Sarah they're-"

"I know sweetie I know." She whispered.

I pulled away and latched myself onto JJ. He cried into my shoulder and I sobbed into his chest.

John b was dead. Sarah was dead. 400 million dollars was gone. A murder ran loose. Me and my friends were heartbroken.

The treasure hunt led us not to treasure. Only to death.

Pope once asked us if this was fantasy or reality.

John b said it was reality.

I wish he would have said fantasy. That this whole story would be just that, a story. John b would be here. Sarah would still be here and our lives wouldn't change.

But it now changed forever.

At the end of the day I got pain and a little electric love.

But without John b.

I don't know what I would do.

Without John b,

I didn't know what any of us were going to do.

Me and Jj electric love right about now sounded so unimportant.

But that was the only thing holding us afloat.

And boy were we sinking.

𓇽

Addie will return in Outerbanks season two