2.01.2

My grandma was a character people would say.

She was a lot like my dad I think, although my dad could walk past me on the street and I wouldn't remember.
My dad died in the third grade from suicide. I was too young to remember that day but I just knew my mom sent me to my grandmas house where I stayed for awhile.

I didn't remember a lot about my dad beside the fact he was no better than JJs dad. Throwing me around, exposing me to drugs and alcohol at a young age, throwing my mom around.

I always had my moms last name, My middle name was Edward after him, his choice because my mom picked the name Addison.

I didn't know how my grandma felt about my dad. On one end he wasn't the best and on the other, he was her son.

I stumbled out of my room i had been calling home since I left, into the living room where my grandma and my mom sat.

"Hey babe how are you doing, hungry?" My mom asked causing me to shake my head as I lay across the empty couch.

"I'm alright." I mumbled, "just tired."

"You know when your father was tired i use to make him tea?" Grandma said causing my eyes to turn to her and smile. I couldn't imagine my dad small running around this house being an actual kid.

"Susan." My mother scolded. I turned and looked at her confused at the action.

"Am I not allowed to talk about her father? Is that off that table again?" Grandma said shaking her head and standing up, "I'll make you some tea."

"Thanks." I said smiling at her.
I rolled over on the couch and looked around at the walls of the house. Pictures of my dad covered the walls head to toe, my dad looked so familiar but it was so hard to remember.

"How do you feel about starting school here?" My mom asked.
I shrugged lightly sitting up on the couch.
"I guess."

She smiled at me and nodded, "alright."

I gave her a small smile back and soon my Grandma was over with a cup of tea holding it to me. I thanked her and grabbed it, blowing on the top of it.

"Did dad grow up here?" I asked grandma. My mom stiffened and turned and looked at me, "Addie you really don't want to know about your dad."

"Dads not here mom." I said, "he can't hurt us anymore and I just want to know what he was like before all that. I want a good memory of my dad."

Grandma smiled, "your father was a a bright young boy. We lived in South Carolina for all of his life until I moved back down here."

I nodded and sipped on my tea lightly.

"I always thought dad lived in Florida." I said looking at my mom who shrugged, "where'd you get that from?"

I shrugged before putting the cup in the coffee table.

"Can I go out today. Just like to the store or something?" I asked.

My mom looked at me suprised but nodded, "sure babe. Just be back before dark alright?"

I nodded and stood up walking to my room and got dressed. When I tried to get out of the house at home It was awful, people spewing John bs name with horrible things attached. I couldn't take it.