1.01.4

𓇽

"Is this us? Twenty nine. This is it." John B said.

JJ knocked on the door a few times, "housekeeping." He said in a high pitched voice.

"We definitely look like housekeeping." I said, rolling my eyes.

No one answered so John b held up the Key. "Should we try it?"

"Yeah. No Power, no security cameras. No ones gonna know." Jj said as John b out the key in the door.

I pushed the door open and looked inside. "Huh." I said slowly walking in looking around the room.

"Check the bags. See if there's a name on there somewhere." John b asked me.

I looked in the one to the left with jj looking for a tag as John b looked at the one on the bed.

"Jacket." JJ said

"Denim slides."

"Nice jacket though." I slapped JJ's chest. "You're not taking anything out of this room."

"Definitely over 50 he's got new balances."

"Hey my mom wears new balances." I said, slapping JJ's hand as he tried to grab a shirt from the bag.

JJ walked towards the side table looking at it. "Hey dude come here. Maybe this is where they were fishing."

"Let me see." John b said going on the other side of him. I went on the other and stared at a sticky note.

"No, that's off the continental shelf." John b said. "That's a big swell. Nobody fishes there."

"Maybe they weren't fishing. Dropping off a dead body sounds about right." I said earning a glare from John b. "Hey total possible theory."

I turned back around and looked around the room.

I Walked over to the coffee pot, poured my water from my water bottle on top, turned it on and placed the ground in it.

"Are you seriously making coffee at a crime scene?" John b asked me.

I shrugged and pulled a cup out of the bag. "It's not a crime scene if there was no crime"

"Oo!" JJ said as he entered the bathroom.

"Find something?" I asked him looking around where the TV was.

"A really awesome Dopp kit you won't let me steal." He said.

"Yeah because we're not stealing shit." I said shaking sugar and powdered creamer packets and pouring them In my cup.

I looked down at John b who had found what looked to be a safe and was trying a code. "1,1,1,1." He said

"John b did you really think that was gonna work." I mumbled pouring the fresh coffee in the cup stirring it.

"1,1,1,2."

John b stood up and made his way over to the table grabbing the paper he was looking at early while JJ looked at the coordinate ones.

"6,1,6,6,6." The safe beeped and he opened the door.

I looked down as I was taking a sip of my coffee, I choked seeing the contents, sending me into a coughing fit.

"Uh... jj?" John b said holding a wad of cash in disbelief. "You're gonna want to see this."

Jj came over and ignored the money but grabbed the gun.

"Oh my. JJ you're the last person who needs a gun." I said, shaking my hands nervously.

"Put the gun back, JJ!" John b whispered and yelled at the boy.

"This is a SIG Sauer!" JJ said holding it

"And your SIGnificantly Stupid!" I said back to him, chugging the rest of my coffee. I grabbed the filter and put it in the cup and stuffed the cup in my pocket to not leave any evidence I was here.

"This is a fucking spendy gatt man! Just... bam! Bam! Bam! Bam!" Jj said, walking Around the place pretending to shoot stuff.

"Please don't point that at me." I mumbled walking to the window away from JJ.

"We are not stealing anything." John b said to JJ, teeth together.

"Just take a pic of me. Right here." Jj said, holding up the gun.

"You want me to take a picture of you?" John b asked

"I knew you were dumb JJ, but not unbelievable stupid." I huffed rubbing my face

"You want to make our own incriminating evidence? Is that what you're talking about?"

A small tap tap came from the window and I turned. "Y'all here that?" I asked as I stuck my head through the blinds. Kie and pope were pointing into the direction of the door.

"Boys time to wrap it up. Window now." I mumbled. Sliding the window up frantically climbing out. JJ closed the window back and stood up against the wall, holding me as tight and as flat as he could against him, me facing the wall.

"JJ." I muttered something.

"It's the gun I promise." He said

"You brought the gun?" I asked.

"Well you didn't give me much time." He mumbled.

I didn't dare to move, instead just faced the wall. My hand found JJ and I wrapped it around his to keep me and my heart steady.

JJ moved his other hand a little, hitting his gun making it tumble to the ground.

JJ pushed himself harder on me to not be seen, and I can truly say, it was not the gun.

I closed my eyes and let out a deep sigh in relief as I heard the cop say 'Alright let's go.'

𓇽

"That was fun." JJ said on the boat ride back. "Could have warned us sooner."

"Yeah then maybe I would have been squished between John b instead of JJ." I huffed rolling my eyes.

"What did I do?" He asked.

"Your gun was on the ground. Your other gun was cocked and loaded." I said glaring at him.

"We would have, except the pope was on the math team." Kie said.

"Hey I was on the math team my freshman and sophomore year." I said high fiving pope.

"You were on the math team?" JJ Asked me. "I'm pretty smart J, you'd be surprised."

"The cops took everything like it was a crime scene. Did you guys find anything?" Pope asked, ignoring me and JJ conversation.

"Some horrible coffee." I said throwing the empty cup on the floor of the boat.

"Did we find anything? No, I don't think so. Oh yeah we did." JJ said, holding up a stack of Cash and the gun. I let out an annoyed groan and fell back rubbing my face.

"What the hell?" The Pope said.

"Dude what?"

"Dude, chill , come on."

"Why Would you take that from a crime scene?"

"Better than the cops having it."

"You're serious?"

"I'm gonna lose my merit scholarship."

That made me sit up and I waved a finger at JJ warningly. "If Pope loses that scholarship you won't be able to walk Maybanks."

"At least have us right?" JJ said after shhing Pope with the gun.

"I'm living the nightmare." He said sitting down next to John b.

I rubbed my face hard, leaning back down "Aren't we all."

𓇽