1.02.3

𓇽

"Addie there is a boy for you at the door!" Chad yelled.

I closed my computer and stood up walking down stairs. Chad stood holding the door open and I looked to see John b.

"Hey Johnny. What's up?" I asked standing in front of my step dad.

John b looked up at him, almost intimidated. "Uh, can you come to my house?" He asked.

I sighed and rubbed my face. "I told JJ I need a break."

"I know I know he told me, but Addie I need you right now." He looked up at chad. "Your help. I need your help. Homework. Yes I need your help with homework."

"I told JJ that homework stressed me out too much." I said.

"Please. I can almost grasp it." He begged me.

"Only because I love you John b."

I sighed and grabbed my shoes. "Tell mom I'll be back later okay?" I told Chad who nodded. "Have fun doing homework." He winked at me and I gagged.

I closed the door and hopped into the back of the van. "There she is!" JJ said laughing, putting his arm around me kissing my temple. My face turned into a deep blush and pope smiled at me.

"Do you mind if I just relax on this one? It's been a long day and a lot of weird stuff has gone down. I'm just gonna Lay low. Oh did you want a hit of this?" JJ said, holding a blunt out to pope.

"I keep the signal clear."

"Dude okay. Do you understand that your problem is that you don't get creative, if you got creative then-"

"Look I-I know I was wrong about the lighthouse alright?" John b said cutting JJ off. "And pretty much wrong about everything else going on. But I was right about one thing. Okay? My dad is trying to tell me something."

John b pulled up to a graveyard and I let out a dry laugh. "I wanna take a break. Too much stress." I said mocking my past self. "Only because I love you John b. This is what I get myself into. Gosh I hate being yalls friend." I said getting into the van.

"Hey you love us." Kie said.

"It's dwindling by the second." I muttered, turning on my flashlight.

"Hey come on." John b said to Kie.

"I'm coming. This place is scary. John b what are we doing?"

"Shut up! Sh! So you know how you're trying to Remember a song but you can't remember who sings it?" He said

"Yeah I still have no clue who sings 'get lucky'" I mumbled

"Draft punk." Pope said and I snapped my fingers. "Thank you!"

"Not the point. So redfield. This whole time I thought it was a place right? But it's not a place. It's a person." John b said as we walked up to a huge grave marker.

"Voi-effing-lá." JJ said looking up at the words redfield.

"See my great great grandmother iliac redfield. That was her maiden name. Come on, help me with the door."

"All right."

"I have one arm." I smiled stepping back next to Kie.

"One two three..."

Pope and John b pushed the door and I watched almost amused. "Are you pushing?" Pope asked.

"Yeah I'm pushing." John b muttered.

"Come on."

"Hold on. I got it." JJ said going up to help

"Come on this door is like 700 pounds it's not gonna budge."

"We didn't come this far to get this far alright?" JJ said, making me lightly chuckle. "We got this."

A small hissing sound came out and I backed up a tad.

"Woah!"

"A snake!"

"Woah woah woah!"

"That's a moccasin alright. Ye olde Dr. Cottonmouth. Death in tall grass." And then JJ started barking at the snake.

I looked at the boy like he was insane. He had definitely lost his mind

"JJ Stop! Be quite JJ shh." I yelled at him.

"You're gonna wake the frickin dead man." Pope said, slapping his arms.

"They're afraid of dogs. Everyone knows that man." He said and I smiled slightly at his innocent tone. "Wait hold on."

"What?"

"If there is one, there's probably a dozen. All around."

"Jj stop it." I said, grabbing his shoulder looking at the ground. "You're scaring me."

JJ turned around and faced me and started barking again.

"Stop barking at the snakes." John b said to jj.

"Just making sure it's clear!" Jj said, holding his hands up in deference.

"Shut up. John looked. We're not gonna get in there all right? It's not budging. We should probably just go." Pope said. I started at the crack in the wall and let out a small sigh.

"I can get in." I muttered, shining my light at it.

"What?" John b said. "No no no no. You think you're gonna fit through the hole? That hole?"

"John b I love you, your my brother and if this is going to help you get peace of mind about your dad then it's worth a try." I said taking off my sling. "I just need you boys to help me in."

JJ started moving vines over and clearing the entrance to the hole. John b held the vines to the side leaving the entrance wide open

"Ready? Come on."

"I'm going to boost you. I've seen it in the movies several times. Ready?" JJ said crouching on the wall.

"Diver down the hatch." I smiled putting my flashlight in my mouth as jj held his hands together, I stepped in his hands and used my good hand to swing myself into the hole with support of my bad arm. I winced as I landed in the cave holding my arm. I grabbed my light and turned it on looking around.

"You Alive? You got like a- a heartbeat and everything?" JJ asked me.

"So far."

"That's good. That's good."

I looked around and my face fell as I looked at a crack in the wall.

"Find something?" JJ asked me. "Is there gold?"

"Oh my god."

𓇽

End of episode 2. The lucky compass