1.07.4

𓇽

The bitch who stuck too long around. Those words played over and over in my head as I sat at the table at the wreck across from John b, jaw clenched as I stared at one spot on the wood.

"Look he'll come around Alright? It's... he's doing a JJ thing." John b said.

"You think he'll go home?" Kie asked.

"There is about a zero percent chance that JJ goes home." Pope said.

"You okay?" JB asked Sarah who nodded. "Yeah. Are you?"

"I mean I'm in one piece so.."

"Well I'm not." I whispered, tears starting to fall down my face.

"Addie, he'll come back around." Sarah said, rubbing my shoulder.

I shook my head. "I know. It's not that I'm upset about."

"JJ said some harsh things to her in Barry's house." John b said, looking at me sadly.

"What did he say?" Kie asked.

I shook my head. "I shouldn't have brought up his dad."

"We were all thinking it, I would have said the same thing." John b said. "He told her to watch her mouth. You don't know anything, you're just that one night stand. The bitch who stuck around too long."

Kie sighed and clenched her own jaw. "Addie I can promise you JJ loves you and his emotions are just all over the place right now."

I nodded and wiped under my eyes. "I'm gonna go home if that's okay. Call me whenever y'all need me."

"Okay Addie. Drive safe." I smiled and waved at my friends as I walked out of the wreck and into my car driving home.

I opened the door to my house and saw my mom on the couch sleeping. I threw a blanket on her and went to my room. I closed the door, laid on my bed, and cried.

𓇽

A knock at the door made me jump up and my door slowly opened. Kie and pope walked in.

"Oh hey guys." I said sitting up.

"You look awful." Pope said, making me roll my eyes. "Thanks pope."

"Did we wake you?" Kie asked as she sat next to me on my bed and the Pope next to her.

I smiled sheepishly at her. "No worries. What's up?"

"Do you think you can come to John b and help us with the mechanics that are gonna lift up the gold?" Pope asked.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "I can. I don't know how much help I would be."

"You're easily the smartest person in our friend group." Pope said, making me laugh. "Have you met yourself? Besides I'm only science smart. I failed English last year."

"Well good thing this requires no English." Kie said standing up.

I laughed and stood up too. "I'm in then." I smiled.

𓇽

"i gotta be done before my scholarship interview." Pope said and I smiled. "You're going to have an amazing baby."

"I hope so. But I just have to be done by then."

"Okay well we gotta Focus." Kie said as pope pulled up to John b house.

"I know. It's gonna be fine. We got John b and JJ inside the well, me and Addie uptop, you and Sarah will be outside transporting."

"Yeah we got this." Kie said as me and her got out of the truck.