1.01.5

𓇽

"Who's that?" John b asked the girl he was sitting next to.

"It's scooter Grubbs. He was out during the storm. Check out this pic I got.ᗪᗴᗩᗪ ᗷOᗪY."

I looked over at JJ with an eyebrow raised and he shrugged

"What kind of boat did he have?" I asked as she showed me the photo on her phone.

"Somehow that dirtbag copped a brand new Grady white. Everyone's out looking for it."

𓇽

I sat on a chair by JJ as he flipped his lighter. "Okay we didn't see anything. We don't know anything. We need to have total and complete amnesia." Pope said sitting down next to Kie, he was really freaking out.

"Actually pope's right for once. See I agree with you sometimes. Deny deny deny." JJ said standing up walking to John b.

"Guys we cant keep that money." I said.

"Okay. Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Addison." JJ said.

I let out a sigh and ran a hand through my hair. I hated it when JJ said my full name, but he was right I guess. "Fine, keep it. Get caught with blood money."

"We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs, otherwise it's bad karma." Kie stated, backing up my previous statement.

"Bad karma can be implicated in a felony too. We gotta go dark." Pope said

"If that means we get to keep the money then I agree."

"I don't agree." John b said patting JJ Shoulder.

"What? Why?" JJ asked.

"Just think about it. This is scotter Grubbs we're talking about. Alright? Same dude that's buying individual cigarettes at the porthole. Shit, one time I saw this dude begging for change in the save-a-lot parking lot because he needed gas. We're talking about a dirtbag marina rat who's never had more than 40 bucks in his pocket, and all of a sudden he's got a Grady white? Just sayin."

𓇽

"Think about it, pope. How does a marina rat get a Grady white?" John b asked pope as he threw his line out into the water.

"Prostitution."

"Square groupers bro. Okay flying under the radar, no aerial surveillance. They don't do that stuff during a hurricane. What does that mean? JJ?"

"They were straight smuggling."

I laughed and shook my head. "What has my life come to?"

"Smugglin. And I guarantee there's a serious amount of contraband in that wreck." John b confined.

"Hell yeah." JJ said. He huffed as his line tugged. "Fish on!"

𓇽

"For the record if that is a smuggling ship with illegal contraband on the inside of it, it probably belongs to someone else." Pope pointed out.

"Minor detail." I said playing with JJ hair that was in my lap.

"They could come looking for it. Taking it would be catastrophically stupid."

"JJs middle name is stupid." I said.

Jj sat up and grabbed the money Pope was holding. "Stupid thing have good outcomes. All the time. All we need to do is figure out a way to get into the cargo hold of the wreck. Until then we just lay low. Just act normal."

"Right and how exactly do we do that?" Pope asked.

"Get drunk off our asses." I smiled clapping my hands together

𓇽

"Yeah mom I'll be home later." I said, holding up my phone to my ear as I stood on top of a random house by the beach. It was somehow the only place I could get any signal to call my mom.

"What have I been doing today?.. Uh, just fishing."

"Yeah it's been nice. Water clear.....No no not a lot of bites. JJ got one though."

"JJ doing fine, told me to tell you he loved you.....Okay I'll tell him..... don't wait up for me.... okay... okay.... yes love you too." I hung up and stuffed my Phone back into my pocket and climbed down from the roof of the house.

The boys and Kie already got the keg all set up as I walked over. "Come here often?" JJ asked, grabbing a plastic cup and filling it up. "I do." I smiled.

"Drinks on me." He said, handing me the cup. "I bought the keg." I said taking a sip. "So your drink. Is on. Me." I smiled.

𓇽

People started crowding around the beach, barely tipsy. I always felt like keggers were the one time everyone actually socialized together. The pogues, the kooks and the tourists. Everyone just wanted a drink.

I sat talking to some guy who pregamed a little too hard.

"So then he went. Pow. And pow. And then ohhhh and that's how I saved the national park." He said.

I took a long sip of my drink and nodded. "Interesting story. I'm going to get another drink."

"Ah cool dude." He smiled.

I sent him a fake smile back and laughed getting up and walking towards John b and Kie. "Who are we watching?" I asked. I then saw who we were watching. Sarah Cameron, kook princess.

I didn't have any hate towards Sarah. We weren't best friends but if you stuck us in a room together we could hang out. My step dad is friends with her dad and same with our moms, so we actually hung out quite a bit at home and at school.

Kiara, however, is a different story. The best friend in the 9th grade and worst enemy in the tenth grade. John b works for her dad and has a major crush on her even though he doesn't know it though.

I let out a big groan and chugged the rest of my beer seeing her boyfriend walk up. Me and topper had a thing before him and Sarah. I was glad to pass him on to her. He was my first kiss and it wasn't even good.

I turned around and saw an even more unpleasant sight. JJ making out with one of the Tourists.

"If looks could kill that girl would be scooter grubs." John b said into my ear. He grabbed my hand with my cup in it and moved my fingers away. "You've broken your cup from holding it so hard."

"So how long?" He asked me as I leaned against the wood he was sitting on. "When did I meet y'all?"

"Third grade." He said.

I nodded. "That long."

"You've liked JJ for almost 8 years and you're just telling me?" John b scoffed.

I clicked my tongue and nodded slowly. "Yep." I said popping the P.

"Wow." John b said. "So at the motel what he said-"

"Hurt? Oh yeah. Stab in the heart, and he doesn't even know."

𓇽