1.08.2

𓇽

I squinted my eyes as I woke up, the fun coming up. I sat up looking out into the lake. Apparently me and John b fell asleep last night on the deck after the long night we had talking about his dad. Big John was my dad when I didn't have one, when I didn't want to even acknowledge Chad.

"Morning." John b muttered sitting up stretching out his back.

"Morning JB." I said yawning.

"Come on, we're going for a drive." John b said standing up holding out his hand to me. I nodded and grabbed it as he helped me up.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Wherever I end up."

"So Crain house?"

He smiled lightly. "You Know me so well."

𓇽

"Shit John b." I muttered as he pulled up to the Crane house turning off the music. I stared at the sign placed in front of the gate, my mind racing over the possibilities.

John b opened up his car door and I opened mine. John b jumped over the fence and I huffed crawling over it. "John b!" I whispered yelled at the boy who was running in front of me. I huffed and ran after him soon coming right behind him.

"No. No!" He yelled.

I started with a logo on the wheelbarrow in the yard Cameron development.

My heart dropped and I hit my nails anxiously, looking at John b face who was clenching his jaw in pure spite and anger.

He started walking up to the house and I let out a string of curse words seeing the door under the house was open.

"I'm going down there." He said looking in the hole.

"It's gone John b." I muttered.

"No! I want to see for myself." He said.

I sighed and nodded watching him descend down the hole and into the other hole where the gold used to be.

I heard John b scream.

And tears ran down my face as I silently cried. Small percent were about the money, and the majority was from hearing my best friend scream and cry about his dad dying for nothing.

𓇽

I sat up against one of the support beams of John b dock as he laid there pitifully.

"Are you sure he got everything?" Kie asked.

"Everybar." John b muttered. "The whole enchilada."

I watched as John b ripped off his cast and threw it in my direction. "Not like I expected a happy ending or some shit."

"John b." I scolded throwing the cast back towards him.

"What Addie. It's a hairline fracture. Who cares?" He said, hitting it back towards me.

"I care and so should you. Your arms are gonna be messed up for life." I said

John b held up his arm. "It's fine. See?"

I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Guys!" Pope yelled and I turned around and stood up. "Guys! Oh oh oh oh god. I ran all the way here."

I held out my water bottle and he thanked me, before finishing it off.

"You Alright?" JB asked

"How was the interview?" I asked.