2| YOU FORGOT YOUR FLOWERS

"You know, Josephine, if you don't wanna be here, you can just leave

"You know, Josephine, if you don't wanna be here, you can just leave." Topped had to speak to the only pogue on the beach that evening, the majority of their parents forcing them to participate into picking up trash. Joey had been making annoyed remarks to herself the entire thirty minutes she'd been here, all about germs and diseases she was gonna get, Topper clearly becoming sick of it.

"You know, Topper, if you want to be irrelevant, you could just try to become instagram famous again." Joey mocked him, brining back the humiliation freshman year memory that everyone, but her, seemed to let go.

"Hey, how's your psycho boyfriend doing?" Topper mocked, taking a step closer as he dropped the trash in his hand, "Get all that water out of his lungs?"

"How would I know?" Joey lied with an eye roll before she began to mock him, "How are you though? Looked like you were ready to piss yourself with that gun to your head."

"Oh, right. I guess I forgot that people are suppose to be completely cool with a gun to their head." Topper crossed his arms with a sarcastic head nod, "I'm sure you're use to it by now though, aren't you? I wouldn't know what life was like on The Cut."

"Yet, somehow, you wouldn't know what privileged life on Figure Eights is either." Joey faked a laugh, slapping his arm, "Silly me to accuse a Kook knows anything more then how to hit a golf ball. Which, if I remember correctly, you can't do that either."

Topper laughed unamusingly.

"So I guess the real question is, what are you useful for, Topper?" Joey mocked yet again in a fake tone of curiosity, "You know, aside from throwing one good punch, attempting murder, and all that good stuff."

Topper nodded, looking off before meeting her eye again, "Try not to forget who you are, and what you don't have. What are you good at, Josephine? You know, aside from being nothing but negative?"

Joey grinned, picking the trash he dropped up, "Knowing the difference between class and trash."

She passed him, shoulders bumping rather hard.