31| YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE SOMEONES SECOND CHOICE

Joey had driven her moped to Toppers later that night, things settling down around the island after Wards death

Joey had driven her moped to Toppers later that night, things settling down around the island after Wards death. She parked it by the fountain, where she always had. She'd picked up a thing of Iris's, his mom's favorite, but she secretly thought he'd been the one to like them. Joey walked up to the door, going to knock before seeing him the the window. Leaning in closer, he's been in the kitchen.

Sarah.

Joeys face fell slightly as she watched him get her some food on a plate, a blanket wrapped around her. She bit the inside of her mouth, leaving the bouquet of flowers at his door as she left.

John B opened the chateau door when he heard the knock. "Joey?"

"Can I crash on your couch?" she gave a curious look. "I don't wanna be home alone tonight."

"Yeah, okay." he opened the door. "JJ's in the other room, you can take mine if you want it."

"The couch is fine." she shook her head, dropping her bag onto the cushions. "How are you doing? You know, with what happened earlier?"

"I'm fine." John B exhaled. "But, Sarah and I broke up."

"What?" Joey looked in disbelief. "Because of her dad?"

"She thought I looked glad that Ward died." he said down on the couch with a loud exhale. "I don't know. Like, what did she expect me to do? Cry?"

"I get what you mean." Joey nodded, sitting down too. "But, keep in mind that it's her dad. He just died, she probably need a minute to just clear her head."

"Guess so." John B shrugged. "It's just...all ridiculous."

"Tell me about it. And fucking confusing." she agreed, leaning back on the couch with an exhale.

"Extremely." he agreed. "Wanna smoke?"

"Are you kidding? I'm not trying to get lung cancer." she gave him a stupid look.

"You could ear it." he suggested, getting a disgusting look. "In a brownie."

"That sounds disgusting." she said in return.