24| LET THIS GERM FEAR GO

Joey thought telling JJ would have been relatively easy

Joey thought telling JJ would have been relatively easy. She didn't know why, but she figured it would roll off the tongue so naturally. Yet, it didn't. Not even in the slightest. And now she was stuck with a secret, unable to find the right words, standing far away from the gross water.

"Are you gonna help?" Pope looked at her.

"Absolutely not." Joey answered in return. "Pope, do you not know me at all?"

"Joey, we need all hands on deck." Kie looked over at her.

"Sorry, Kie. I'm not going anywhere near." Joey said honestly, pulling a mask from her bag. "Actually, I think i'm too close anyways."

"Jesus christ." Pope mumbled as Joey pulled on gloves and fixed her mask around her nose and mouth.

"People who use plastic should be shot." Kie spoke as she looked down at all the plastic in the water.

"So true!" Joey called from behind her mask, her voice muffled slightly.

"Okay, personally, I love plastic. Use it every day. Love the stuff." JJ spoke honestly with a nod of his head, looking through the nasty water.

"Okay, well, hopefully you recycle it and don't let it flush into the ocean." Kie sassed his way in annoyance.

"I thought you'd say something like that, so..." Pope trailed off, holding the roll of trash bags up. "-trash bags."

"Look at you, Bill Nye!" Joey called his way.

"Did you just proactively protect the environment?" Kie hummed, trying to hold back a smile.

"Maybe." Pope said back with a grin. JJ and Joey shared a knowing look.

"You guys want us to leave you two alone or what's going on?" JJ spoke up as Pope chunked the trash bags at him. "Jo! Get yo ass over here!"

"Get yo ass away from me!" she mocked him. "If you think i'm gonna catch a parasite, end up in the positive, suffer, die, then meet The Lord And Savior Jesus Christ, you're a moron!"