34| HE ALREADY HAS EVERY DISEASE IN THE MAKING

"There it is, Angel Oak

"There it is, Angel Oak." Kie looked out the window of the twinkie, sitting next to Joey in the back.

"Oh, shit. Tides coming in." John B spoke up as he looked at the water puddle down the dirt road.

"Wait a second, look." Pope pointed to the tire tracks, "They already came through here. Those have to be Limbrey's tire tracks. Guys, we gotta go."

"What do you think, chief?" JJ looked toward John B.

"I'm thinking it's looking a little dicey." the curly haired boy said back.

"This is disgusting, the twinkie is seriously gonna be even more filthy." Joey looked out the window with a cringed look.

"Okay, clearly, they made it. No?" Kie suggested.

"In a two-wheel drive? I don't know about that." JJ shook his head, looking out the window.

"Why are y'all acting like you're not gonna do it anyways?" Sarah spoke up from the back, trying to hold back her smile, "Like, when have y'all ever done the safe thing?"

"She's got a point." John B nodded as him and JJ looked to each other.

"Speed is your friend here, okay?" JJ nodded, turning back in his seat.

"Oh my god, no." Joey shut her eyes as she held onto the side of the Twinkie, shaking her head.

"Cmon, bro, punch it. Speed is your friend." JJ encouraged.

"It's gonna slide." Kie spoke up, holding onto the side of the van with one arm.

"Not to put any more pressure on you, but if you don't make it through, we'll be stuck here forever." Pope leaned up toward the pair in the front.

The twinkie made it through the mud puddle, gliding easily on the dirt road again. The group sighed in relief, cheering slightly.

"Never again?" Joey suggested.

"Never again." John B nodded, JJ pulling the van door open.

"All right, so word to the wise, definitely know that gators nest back here, so keep your eyes peeled, okay?" JJ spoke up, Joey gapped in disbelief as she looked at the state of the forest.