29| SHE SAVED ME

"No way you actually wanted to get me out of jail

"No way you actually wanted to get me out of jail." John B walked out of county the next morning to see Joey. "Ain't no way!"

"Full of surprises." she hugged him tightly. "You good?"

"How'd you know to tell Shoupe to run test on the bullets instead of the gun?" John B pulled back with an alarming look.

"Dodging a bullet." she hummed, getting an odd look. "Come on, let's get out of here. I know a certain trio that are likely waiting for you."

John B crawled onto the back of Joeys moped, holding onto her waist as she drove down the roads. The wind was cold, but nice, not miserable. She'd always been good at driving, except when she crashed the twinkie once. John B leaned on her back as she took a sharp turn. "Woman!"

"Sorry!" she yelled back at him, hitting the horn as it gave a loud honking tune, one that Mr.Mooney had installed for her.

"Is that Jojo?" JJ looked over.

"Who's on the b-" Kie started. "John B!"

"Joey got John B out?" Pope gapped. "Ain't no way!"

"Guess who's out the clink, boy!" John B yelled with a bright grin.

"My boys out of the can!" JJ yelled, Joey got off the moped.

"We missed you." Kie hugged him tightly.

"I missed you guys too." John B laughed slightly as they all pulled back.

"How'd you get out?" Pope asked with a grin.

"Joey had the idea to get Shoupe to run the finger prints on the bullets instead of the actual gun, Rafes came up. She saved me." John B shook his head with a grin, looking back at Joey as she gave him a soft smile.

"That's phenomenal!" Kie smiled widely, pulling Joey into a tight hug. "You smart, bitch!"

"Heavy on the bitch, huh?" Joey joked as the Pogues group hugged okay. "Too many bodies, too many bodies!"

"Right, right." John B spoke quickly as they all pulled back. "Space, of course."

"So you're telling me I did all that work for nothing?" JJ hummed in disbelief.