8| I DIDN'T STOP LOVING YOU

"Because it was stupid!" Joey yelled at John B in the flower shop that night

"Because it was stupid!" Joey yelled at John B in the flower shop that night. "I was lying!"

"Oh my god, why do you do this?" John B gave her a crazy look with a wave of his hands. "You said you loved me and now you're saying you're lying?"

Joey huffed. It was silent a second, the pair quiet together and sat still. Peace and quiet. Something they use to be good at together, not anymore. "I wasn't necessarily lying."

"Okay." John B matched her calm tone. "We can talk about it."

"What's there too talk about?" she gave him a confused look between her hurt eyes. "I hate you, I love you, you hate me, you love me, you choose Sarah. That's all there is to it."

"I'm not choos- I just don't understand why you say you hate me and then, now you say you don't?" it was clear he was beyond confused by all she'd said. Even she was confused, possibly even worse then him.

"No, I do hate you." she corrected him with a knowing look. "But I loved you once, too. It just never went away."

"Yeah." John B agreed, making her look at him. "I never hated you though."

"Why would you? I'm not the one that broke your heart with a breakup." she spoke bitterly but clam. The purple lighting from the plant lamps was the only source of light they had, but it was enough to see her eyes. They held so much emotion all the time, the only way you could actually see she wasn't completely emotionless.

"Do you seriously think that didn't hurt me to do? It took me forever to even be able to bring myself to say it. I hated that, I still hate it. I never wanted us to break up." John B spoke seriously as he looked at her. His eyes, the light brown, had a purple glaze from the lighting.

"Then why'd you do it?" she asked, leaning against the desk in the middle of the shop, where'd she'd usually save a few potting plants that were abused by their owners.

"Because I was scared." he answered her, hands gripping the counter tightly from where he leaned against it. "Long distance just isn't something I could do. I kept thinking I could make it work but I couldn't imagine only being able to speak to you over the phone, only seeing you on holidays, not getting to walk with you to school, or have you tutor me in math because you're so smart and I suck."