33| THIS IS ABOUT ME AND YOU

Joey looked up when the flower shop bell rung

Joey looked up when the flower shop bell rung. She sighed. "We're closed."

"Sign still says open." Topper said in return, flipping the sign around. "There."

"What do you want? It's literally almost midnight." she said in return, flipping the plant light on after watering one.

"I'm sorry, about your arm." he nodded to the scrap.

"I can handle a little scratch." she rolled her eyes. "I was expected it, walking into the middle of a fight. Because that happens. Wasn't gonna let you kill him though."

"I wasn't gonna kill him." the blonde argued.

"Really?" she rose her eyebrows with a look of disbelief. "So, do we all just go around shoving our elbows into peoples neck for the fun of it?"

"He was starting unnecessary shit." Topper defended himself.

"Shit that Sarah came over and got started." Joey nodded her head. "I know you probably missed that, stuck in your love sick state, but she came over and started to talk to him first. You know, before your best friend started to pick a fight with me."

"I would have stood up for y-" he started.

"No, you wouldn't have. Because despite it all, you still hold your Kook title way above our friendship." she argued with a shake of her head. "And, whatever, do what you want. But don't act like you want to be the best of friends and then treat me like shit."

"I didn't think you wanted to talk to me." he said back with wide eyes.

"How would you?" she shrugged. "Not like I show up at your house, the house i've been staying at, to see Sarah there. You could have called and just let me know that she was gonna be there and you didn't want your little secret pogue to stay the night."

"That's not what it was about." Topper shook his head at her. "She showed up, and I just- I didn't stop to think."

"Look, i'm glad you and Sarah are friends again. And i'm especially glad she has somewhere safe to stay, to have comfort by someone who understands." Joey stared at him with an exhale. "But the fact that you're seeing this is an opportunity to try and win her back is seriously ridiculous. Her dad literally died and she needs a friend, but instead you try to get a relationship out of it?"