10: LAST AGE OF INNOCENCE

THE BLUE BULLET | 10: LAST AGE OF INNOCENCE

**

Quinn Rohan did not have an easy childhood, growing up in a lower sector of Hong Kong. Living in a one-bedroom apartment with her parents and older brother, and struggling to make ends meet led to her being underweight most of her childhood, starvation a natural part of her life.

It was why she was so appreciative of the amazing life she had now.

Smiling brightly as she walked into the kitchen, she tossed her keys onto the countertop, eyes quickly flickering to Marcus who kept staring at Mira's closed bedroom door, refusing to look away from it for longer than a few seconds "So I made a massive breakthrough today, big enough that Tony and I are going to apply for a patent. Hopefully, we can start human trials in a few years if all goes well in the next stage of testing. I am positive I got the formula right this time."

Marcus just hummed distractedly kissing the side of her head, eyes still glued to their daughter's bedroom door "That's great honey."

Letting her eyes jump between her tense husband and the door, Quinn just raised a thin eyebrow at him, what the hell was with him? Had he and Mira gotten into an argument? Why did he look ready to rip the door off its hinges "Okay, what is happening? "

Gritting his teeth, Marcus clenched his jaw, fists clenching as his shoulders tensed up "The boy is here again."

Peter.

Peter who had been spending a lot more time over at their house the past few weeks, Peter who her husband thought was gay, which had been the only way to keep him from murdering the teenage boy.

Shaking her head in amusement, Quinn just shrugged off her jacket, laying it over the counter before reaching for the coffee pot that had been freshly boiled in preparation for her arrival. She needed coffee after work otherwise she would pass out the second she sat down on the couch "It's just Peter. He's a good kid."

Marcus grunted, eyeing the closed bedroom door again before rubbing his hand over his jaw.

He didn't like it.

While Mira claimed it was impossible for Peter to like her, it didn't lessen his worries given how smiley the boy was around his daughter. He had been on edge since Mira and Peter had walked into the apartment. Sandwiches in hands, the boy stammering nervously at the sight of him, fear and slight awe radiating in his eyes before she dragged him by the hand into her room. The door shutting behind her had caused his stomach to drop. Mira was a great kid, he trusted her, but it was the boy he didn't. These human customs of spending time with your classmates outside of school hours beyond confused him even after 19 years on this planet.

Unbeknownst to Marcus, Quinn was no longer listening.

Her entire body was still, eyes glued to the item hastily hidden at the bottom of the garbage can. A navy shirt, one of Marcus's, completely drenched in dried blood.

What the hell?

"You know what I am going to go check on them." Marcus was gone in a flash, slamming open Mira's door while Quinn remained frozen, fingers twitching as she continued to stare at the shirt.

"DAD come on!"

"I'm not touching her I promise Mr Rohan! Please don't kill me!"