14: DUTY AND BLOOD

THE BLUE BULLET | P14 - DUTY AND BLOOD

**

Mira Rohan felt like she was losing her mind.

All she could do was stare at the blood covering her father's hands, the blood of his teammates which was dripping out onto the floor. The echo of every droplet hitting the floor sounded like a feral scream to her right now. The father she looked up to, the one who read her Hazel and Gretel every night during her childhood was drenched in blood.

Covered in the blood of his fellow heroes.

Even with Fury, Natasha and Clint all aiming their guns at her father, Steve and Sam ready to pounce, Wanda's hands glowing, the atoms in Pietro's body shaking faster than ever and Vision, Rhodey and Tony practically hiding her small frame behind them, Mira couldn't look away from her dad.

Her heart slowly broke inch by inch the longer she watched him stare back at her.

"Mira-"

Another crack echoed through her soul.

She flinched slightly at the sound of his voice while her mom quickly pulled her close, an arm wrapped protectively around her.

Marcus just let out a small sigh as he tried to step forward only for every single soul in the room to block his path to his daughter. His fists instantly clenched at his sides. They were keeping him from his daughter.

HIS!

NOT THEIRS!

The urge to rip them all to shreds for keeping him and Mira apart was bubbling closer to the surface "M-"

Mira blinked through teary eyes, frantically shaking her head as the man who had raised her, the kind man who was now drenched in blood reminding her more of the General she dealt with during her training sessions stared at her with desperation.

"Please tell me something- someone is controlling you." She whispered, her voice cracking slightly as she yanked herself out of her mother's arms pushing past Tony and Rhodey having to use her strength to shove them aside.

When everyone in the room moved to stop her, Mira raised her palm forming a pink line in the carpet, a bright pink forcefield appearing; creating a wall between the two of them and the rest of the Avengers who were unable to get through her forcefield no matter how hard they tried.

A mirror image of the pink and navy suit with the pink intricate thorns along the stomach that Tony had been working on quickly crawled up her skin, replacing the orange sundress she had been wearing as she finally forced herself to face her father, terror rushing through her veins.

"Dad, please tell me that you didn't attack the people you love for no reason."

Marcus sighed deeply at the desperation in her voice, she was begging him to lie to her, but they were far past that. For the first time in her life, he had to be honest with her, no matter how much it might upset her.