11: IS YOU READY?

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR | P11: IS YOU READY?

**

The fall of St Louis had tainted Mira Rohan's mind.

Left her unable to even blink without seeing blood or having the echo of bones snapping haunting her ears.

Yet, instead of being in therapy right now trying to figure out how to move forward after the years of manipulation and gaslighting, the years of getting the living hell beaten out of her and thinking there was nothing wrong with that, here she was. Just like what had happened back in St Louis against her father, Mira Rohan was about to be forced to fight the people she loved.

Was she ready to do this again?

No chance in hell.

Yet, the world didn't care if she was ready or not. It had put her in a position where she was facing six people she loved and about to have to battle against them.

It didn't matter to the world that six out of seven people opposite her had helped get her away from her father's manipulation. The Sokovia Accords had made sure of that. Splitting the earth right in the middle of the safe haven she had created to keep surviving when everything crumbled beneath her.

The story of her life used to be a happy one from her perspective but now it was nothing but endless horrors. Reality thanks to her dad's fists crashing her skull open had destroyed those rose-tinted glasses she had been looking through.

There were no glasses this time around.

There was no way to convince herself that the fighting about to happen could be forgotten, there would be no forgetting what happened today. No more convincing herself with false hope that every blow about to be exchanged was just a symbol of love hiding behind confusion and mental breakdowns.

The instant they all started moving, Mira couldn't help but gulp "I take it talking this out is now out of the question."

"Completely."
Tony pipped up as he lifted his body into the air, Rhodey quickly doing the same beside him.

Natasha just sighed "Well, this is going to end well."

Mira felt her fingers trembling as she slowly let pink float between her fingertips "Stark, you are so paying for all of my therapy!"

"Agreed!"

Peter was still beside her slowly starting to pick up speed as she hovered beside him "Um, they're not stopping."

Tony piped up through gritted teeth "Neither are we."

No one hesitated, bodies rushing at each other in an instant.