12: COURT OF OPINION

THE BLUE BULLET | P12: COURT OF OPINION

**

Coney Island.

Given that Peter had spent his 15TH birthday with his Aunt May yesterday out of tradition, Mira and Ned had dragged him to Coney Island the day after, Sammy and Michelle being dragged along too. Sammy because he was currently staying with Mira and had no choice other than being trapped in the apartment and Michelle because she wanted to talk to the best friend from St Louis who knew Marcus Rohan better than she did.

She had questions following the black eye she had seen on Mira's face the other day and the other bruises she had been using her notebook to track. If anyone would know, it would be Sammy who Mira declared her person.

With Mira, Peter and Ned rushing down the pier to get cotton candy and other snacks in preparation for the long lines to get on some of the rides, MJ let her eyes focus on Sammy who was walking beside her, his eyes focused on Mira.

Or more accurately the long green-sleeved flannel shirt she was wearing that belonged to Rhodey.

He had noticed the lack of short sleeves too.

"I have a question-" Michelle told him causing Sammy to quickly focus on her mid-bite through his corn dog "-which is probably invasive given you have known her longer, but I don't care." There was a small beat of silence between them before she finally let out a nervous breath, praying that she wasn't wrong about Sammy's ability of observation "Mira shows up with random bruises. A black eye, marks along her wrist, purple across her ribs and sometimes hand marks around her neck."

The breath of air that Michelle had sucked in out of terror that she was wrong quickly vanished as she spotted the way Sammy's entire body froze up.

His corndog hit the floor in an instant as his fingers seemingly turned to stone.

She was right!

Sammy knew about the strange marks Mira always claimed were from baseball practice or gymnastics. The slight twinge of fury in his eyes also made it clear to her that he didn't buy Mira's excuses either.

Deep down they both knew the cause of the marks littering Mira's body. They both knew who caused the internal bleeding.

A very long moment of silence echoed between the pair, Sammy's eyes drifting over to Mira who was hanging on Peter's back as Ned tried to jump for the popcorn she was holding out of his reach. While he was still not too sure about Peter, when Mira admitted that the boy had accidentally found out about her powers, he had been a little bit relieved. His biggest worry about her moving to New York was her not having someone she could open up to about the strains her powers put on her soul, and the struggles they constantly surrounded her with. Despite the fact she had been vague about how Peter had found out, making it clear she was still hiding something, all Sammy cared about was that she had someone who could keep an eye on her.

While Michelle clearly didn't know about her powers, the fact she had noticed the marks Mira constantly tried to hide ensured that the girl had his complete approval when it came to her newfound friendship with his person.

Michelle was incredibly observant and given how worried he was about Mira, a feeling that only grew more intense with every day that passed, he was thankful for her.

"Is it her dad?"

Sammy tensed up again at her sudden question. Okay, she was clearly more observant than he had originally suspected.