10: FALLING APART

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR | P10: FALLING APART

**

The Airport.

After making sure to keep Peter as far away from Rhodey as humanely possible during the journey, they were finally here. That bubble of dread that had originally settled was quickly resurfacing for Mira as she and Peter remained crouched down, hidden just out of sight ready for Tony to call them out if needed.

She really hoped Tony didn't need them.

Despite the fact Peter was still speaking to his phone, narrating the little film he was putting together, Mira's eyes were glued to the airfield.

Waiting...and waiting...nothing but waiting.

So far there had been no sign of Steve but she had felt the slight shift of molecules in the air. There were too many bodies here, all of them vibrating on such different frequencies for her to focus on a single one. Steve knew about her powers; had been there for so many of the training sessions her father had run back at The Compound; he would have planned for them just in case Tony brought her into the field.

While she wasn't too sure who he had brought with him, she knew Steve was smart. Smarter than most people gave him credit for. People only saw his strength and agility, they typically forgot that his mind was crafted by war. He knew how to strategize a battle better than most people alive thanks to this.

He wouldn't have come here without thinking someone would try and stop him. He would have contingency plans set into place which meant finding something that would keep her from using her powers to locate each member of his team.

Given how many molecules she could feel in the air, she knew he had planned for her to possibly be here. Everything was so loud, blurring together making it impossible to settle on a single person to figure out precisely where they were within the airport.

Wanda and Pietro hadn't been answering their phones.

She knew Pietro had been practising vibrating his cells over the past few months, but this was like a loud air horn cutting off all other sounds. Could Wanda somehow be using her powers to increase the frequency to throw her off? Or had Sam managed to get Redwing to let out a burst similar to an EMP that would leave her head all frazzled?

"Mira, you okay?"

Her hands were shaking around the wooden grate in front of them currently keeping them hidden away, pink bleeding into the floor under her knees like thorns piercing through a flower stem. The hint of red blood in her eyes as her powers spread around her body without her even realizing had Peter severely concerned. He had heard the weird frequency in his ears but he couldn't hear atoms the way Mira could. Whatever had been set off was getting to her a lot more than it was affecting him.