𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

꒰   𝗆𝗒 𝖽𝖺𝖽𝖽𝗒'𝗌 𝗀𝗈𝗍 𝖺 𝗀𝗎𝗇   ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

The thunderous booming of the clouds rumbled in the distance, a heavy downpour of rain drenching the four Pogues on a mission

The thunderous booming of the clouds rumbled in the distance, a heavy downpour of rain drenching the four Pogues on a mission. The pavement below was slick with water, pooling around their soaking sneakers and gushing into nearby drains. Blinding flashes of white lightening illuminated the dimly dead end corner they hid behind, casting fleeting shadows over their stricken faces.

The roaring tempest, however, was not enough to drown out the unsteady heartbeat in Bianca's ear. Her breath caught in her throat as they balanced on empty plastic crates to see over the wooden fence. Their heads peeked out ever so slightly, narrowed gazes watching as Gavin Barnstead exited his parked car and ducked into the construction site beside their local surf shop.

"Nice camera," JJ commented dryly at the bulky, jet black device Pope adjusted in his hands. "Where'd you dig up that relic? Why don't you just use your phone?"

"Well, first of all, I like my antique electronics," Pope shot back, straining his voice over the pouring rain. "Second of all, this is a telephoto. It allows me to get a close image from far away."

"Do you just carry that thing around for fun?" Bianca cinched her eyebrows together at the Heyward boy.

"Only when we need to do a little Ghost Recon mission," Pope shrugged, peering through the lens again.

"What is that?" Bianca scowled, "Like- a movie or something?"

"It- it's a video game," The boy huffed with a pout. "You know, what? Nevermind."

"Lord of the dorks," Kiara rolled her eyes, adjusting her tie-dye bandana over her forehead.

"Listen, for definitive proof of witness payoff, we're gonna need quality glass," Pope bit back in frustration.

"Do you think they're going to show up?" Bianca questioned almost under her breath, but the others had heard it, watching her wearily. It was her father, after all, witnessing him commit yet another potential crime wasn't any easier than the last time.

"Look, there they are!" Kiara interjected just before a large, black jeep pulled up outside of the scaffolding of the site.

"Yo, get down!" JJ instructed as the four of them bent behind the wooden fence and out of sight.

Both Ward Cameron and Michael Prescott, carrying a large duffle bag, stepped out of the vehicle. Bianca blinked the water out of her lashes, feeling her gut sink in her stomach at the sight while thunder crashed frantically around them. All her father was doing was digging himself a deeper hole, a grave that she knew he'd have to lie in eventually.

"And there's Gavin," Pope pointed out as he emerged from the shadows, disappearing into the construction zone after the two men. "Where are you going, you son of a bitch?" Suddenly, the boy pulled the camera away from his face. "No, no, no, no- I'm losing him! Shit, where's he going!?"