𝘁𝗲𝗻

꒰ 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗅𝖺𝗆𝖾𝗌𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗒 𝗍𝗈 𝖽𝗂𝖾 ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

"Well, that was fun," JJ commented, glancing around at the others with a short huff

"Was it, though?" Bianca scowled at the trash bags they'd filled to the brim, discarded behind the drain to be picked up and disposed of later.

"If it's not in the trash, then it's gotta be in the storm drain," Pope groaned lowly, throwing his head back in exasperation. "Damn it."

"Of course it is," Kiara muttered sardonically.

"Good thing I brought the crow," JJ turned his back to them, pulling out a crowbar from his backpack strewn on the ground.

"So, what are we gonna like, like rock, paper, scissors?" Kiara drawled pointedly, glancing between her friends. "Or alphabetically?"

"Nah," JJ shook his head, barely sparing a glance backward as he hooked the crowbar around the metal barring locking the gate and Pope came to the other side. "On three, Pope. One, two.."

Bianca stood behind them, arms crossed over her chest as she watched the two boys heave the gate away from the storm drain, clearing the tunnel. Her distracted gaze caught JJ's biceps tense under his graphic tee-shirt but forced herself to be nonchalant the moment they straightened.

"Or, like, oldest goes?" Kiara continued, hair tied in a messy bun above her head.

"In the sewer, there's this worm that you get when you're down there," JJ began explaining, panting lightly from exertion as he turned to face the girls. "It gets into your blood, and then it has to come out of your pecker. So, uh, that would be a hard pass for me."

"Yeah, well, you're also a compulsive liar so I don't know if I believe that," Kiara scoffed dismissively. It wasn't out of the ordinary for JJ to come up with wild, abnormal, and borderline unbelievable stories like how Crain killed her husband and dumped it in the well where they found the gold. To this day, he still deems it as debatable, but the Pogues weren't so sure.

"It's true, I saw it in a nature documentary," JJ continued, shrugging lightly.

"The only nature documentaries you watch is porn, JJ," Bianca rolled her eyes to which the curly-haired girl snickered lowly.

"That's going to be a no from me," Pope huffed, turning to the others expectantly.

"No, I get it, I get it. You guys are scared," Kiara teased, her lips quirking upwards. "It's kinda cute- it's kinda cute. You should've just said- you should have just lead with that."

"No-" Pope began with widened eyes, straightening his stature in front of Kiara. "It's just the pecker thing-"

"What? I'm not scared," JJ shot back over Pope, his muscles tense at the accusation. "No-"