𝗯𝗼𝗻𝘂𝘀+

꒰  𝖻𝖾𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾 𝗌𝗁𝗂𝗍 𝗀𝗈𝗍 𝖿𝗎𝖼𝗄𝖾𝖽  ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

Here's the thing— as much as she wanted you to believe, Bianca Prescott wasn't always like this

She wasn't always this tough, take-no-shit Kook that made girls want to be her and boys want to be with her. She wasn't the idolized, rich 'it' girl with flocks of bottom-feeders fawning at her feet. She didn't have a thirst for power or popularity like The Glamazons and she didn't need to.

She didn't mind having a handful of friends and spending her weekends doing homework for a little extra credit. She didn't care about the high school food chain and where she stood on it. Bianca Prescott was simply a wallflower, and she was totally okay with that.

Until Bianca met Sarah Elizabeth Cameron, the coolest girl at Kildare Preparatory. That's when everything changed and not for the better.

"Please flip to chapter eleven where we'll be taking a look at the anatomy of amphibians. Now, on page one, we have a diagram of the common frog, which illustrates the dorsal surface and the ventral..." Ms. Rhodes droned on, pacing at the front of their classroom. "Across the side, you'll notice the tympanic membrane, or the eardrum, and over the top of the frog's eyes is what we call the nictitating membrane," She paused, turning to face the students. "Can anybody tell me what that is?"

Nobody moved. The silence was almost deafening. Most of the students weren't even paying attention. All eyes were focused on the glass tank of live frogs in front of the whiteboard.

Bianca, from her desk near the back of the class, hesitantly raised her hand. She too would've ignored the question if it wasn't for the fact that she felt bad for Ms. Rhodes.

The poor woman had been desperately trying to get the class to engage ever since her first day and this was her final attempt— bringing in live frogs. She didn't realize it would backfire on her.

A faint sigh of relief fell from Ms. Rhodes' lips, "Yes, Bianca."

"Um," Bianca piped up, eyes flickering around unsurely. "It's a transparent covering over the frog's eyes. It protects and keeps it moist-" A snicker wafted through the room. "It can be found in reptiles, birds, mammals, and even fish too."

"That's exactly right, Bianca," Her eyes lit up in surprise. She turned around to the whiteboard and scribbled a few notes down, "Now, the membrane..."

The moment the teacher's back was facing the class, Bianca felt something hit the back of her head. She glanced over her shoulder at the scrunched-up paper ball now laying idly on the floor.

A scowl morphed on her lips and glared at the boy behind her— Rex Cohen, a notorious bully at their school. Unsurprisingly, he repeated grade ten and landed himself back with the ninth graders, hence why he was so hell-bent on making other people's lives miserable.