𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

꒰ 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗋𝗈𝗒𝖺𝗅 𝗁𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗇𝖾𝗌𝗌, 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗄𝗈𝗈𝗄 𝗉𝗋𝗂𝗇𝖼𝖾𝗌𝗌 ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

꒰  𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗋𝗈𝗒𝖺𝗅 𝗁𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗇𝖾𝗌𝗌, 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗄𝗈𝗈𝗄 𝗉𝗋𝗂𝗇𝖼𝖾𝗌𝗌  ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

Bianca listened intently as Pilar recounted everything she knew about the cross. She could barely comprehend the words coming from her Abuela's mouth, staring at the painting of the cross the entire while. Her mind was still racing with thoughts even after Teodoro and JJ returned from the wine cellar in the basement.

All she wanted to do was return home and tell the Pogues everything she'd learned today. Especially Pope. So after a bittersweet but heartfelt goodbye to her grandparents, and a promise to visit again soon, Bianca was practically dragging JJ home.

When they reached the ferry, the girl couldn't hold back anymore, informing JJ of everything her Abuela had told her in the studio and when she was done, he couldn't help but share the same giddy, eagerness on the hull of the boat.

By the time they arrived back at the Chateau, the others were already there waiting for them on the front porch like concerned parents whose children just truanted. Which they did, but Pope appeared to be embodying the role a little too well.

"Bianca!" The Heyward boy cried, towering over the two who sat beside each other on the couch with his hands planted on his hips. "I told you we had a geometry test this morning- now JJ's gonna have to retake it!"

JJ stifled a smirk, eyes flickering over to Bianca in amusement, "Sounds like a problem for future JJ-"

"There is no future JJ!" Pope snapped in frustration, rubbing the bandana over his forehead as he paced across the front porch. "You two are walking on a very fine line-"

"Alright, Pope, cool it," John B shook his head, pushing himself off the railing. "Now what's this mandatory meeting about?"

"Yeah," Kiara piped up, her eyebrows drawn together in confusion. "Like, what's the 'crazy shit' you guys keep going on about?"

The three of them turned to Bianca expectantly, along with JJ who had already heard the story but was leaning across the couch with anticipation. The girl's eyes flickered between each of them before falling onto Pope, "I think I know why Limbrey wants the cross so bad."

"What?" The Heyward boy's eyes widened incredulously, taking a seat on a nearby chair. His heart was practically pounding out of his chest, "What do you mean? How? W-why?"

"Well, while you guys were doing your geometry test," Bianca gave Pope a sarcastic look. "We went to go see my grandparents to ask about the cross."

"So, what happened?" The curly-haired girl urged, inching forward in her seat. "What did they say?"

"Before my grandparents migrated here, they used to live in Caleruega, a town in Northern Spain," Bianca explained, eyes darting between each of them. "It's the hometown of Saint Dominic," She retold what her Abuela had said. "In the 1800s, New Spain wanted to send a gift to the Church and the Spanish King at the time. They wanted it to be this huge, extravagant thing to keep it in the Church of Caleruega."