𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅

꒰  𝗉𝗂𝗅𝗅𝗈𝗐 𝗍𝖺𝗅𝗄 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗉𝗈𝗉𝖾  ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

"Shit!"

JJ cursed loudly, his fist meeting the metal wall with such force that would stain his knuckles with purplish bruises the next day. Beside him, the wheelchair-bound patient lifted his head in vague recognition, coughing weakly. The boy, however, could barely hear it over the white noise ringing in his ears, back pressed against the wall as he slid down helplessly to the floor of the vehicle.

His plan failed— as it turns out, trying to break his best friend out of prison was a little harder than he initially anticipated. JJ managed to steal from his cousin, play pretend as an EMT, and lie his ass out of the jail only to be stuck in the back of an ambulance with no way out.

The boy pressed a hand to his chest, the overwhelming churning of panic filling his lungs. His breaths came out in shallow pants, squeezing his eyes tightly shut as he tried to block out the blaring wail of cop sirens surrounding him. The entire day had been a complete and utter shit show and all he had to show for it was a half-dead dude with stage four lymphoma.

But before he could spiral any deeper into his pit of self-loathing, the ambulance lurched to an abrupt halt, hurling the boy into the side of the vehicle. Screeching tires resonated through the air, the distinct smell of burning rubber filling the ambulance's open windows. JJ groaned lowly, bracing himself against the wall as he pushed himself to his feet once again.

"Go! Get out of the way! Go!" The officer from the front seat shouted in frustration, fervently waving his hand out the window. The cop cars that were trailing behind them also stopped, "Move! Get your car off the road!"

"Sorry! I'm so sorry!" JJ heard her voice call back, sounding so sweet and naive. Although, he knew she was anything but. If JJ were anyone else, he might have mistaken her pleading tone as a genuine apology, "It was a total accident. I just got this brand new car and its stick! So, I'm still kinda getting the hang of it and-"

JJ had to admit, he'd never been so fucking grateful to see the convertible in his entire life. He let out a heavy exhale of relief, shoving the side door of the ambulance shut as he sprinted down the street, vanishing away into the shadows.

"Move your car now! Move! Off the road!"

Bianca scoffed in disbelief as she saw the fading figure of the boy escape before expressing a few more apologies to the officers. She sincerely hoped that whoever was in the back of that van hadn't died yet.

Bianca pressed her foot down on the accelerator, speeding off in the direction that she saw JJ run. Her heart hammered beneath her ribs, peering through the dimly lit streets for the boy until she saw him suddenly jump out in front of her headlights. She slammed her foot onto the brake haphazardly, forcing her body to jerk forward with a wince.