𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

꒰   𝖽𝖾𝖿𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗋𝖾𝗅𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌𝗁𝗂𝗉   ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

The drive to the wharf felt much longer than the Pogues anticipated

The drive to the wharf felt much longer than the Pogues anticipated. A peculiar awkwardness hung limply in the air paired with all four of them trapped in a confined space and the fact that Pope's truck didn't have a working radio was a disaster waiting to happen. So, when they finally loaded the truck onto the ferry shipping them to Charleston, they couldn't help but feel relieved.

"My parents are so paranoid of me being a Pogue like it's the worst thing that could ever happen," Kiara huffed, sitting on the back of Pope's truck.

"Hey, I hear they got good weed at boarding school, though," JJ shrugged, glancing over his shoulder at where Bianca was sitting inside the vehicle, the boy's backpack at her side. A small smile made its way onto his face as the girl licked the seams of the joint she was rolling up, eyebrows cinched in concentration.

"I'm not going to boarding school," Kiara shot back pointedly, crossing her arms over her chest. "They're going to have to kidnap me, tie me up, and throw me in a van."

Bianca leaned back to inspect her work proudly, hopping out of the truck and outstretching her hand for them to see her masterpiece, "I can arrange that," She told the Carrera girl teasingly.

"I don't doubt it," Kiara chuckled, nodding in approval at the joint she held. "You could probably get that Reginald guy to do it. He seems legit."

"He is," JJ almost shivered at the thought and before she had a chance to question what he meant by that, he turned to Bianca. "I'm impressed, B," The blond scoffed, rising to his feet from where he'd been leaning against the roof of the truck. "Kinda uneven and little dicey at the ends, but it'll do," He mused, taking the joint from her hand. "It's alright, practice makes perfect, I guess."

"Whatever," Bianca rolled her eyes amusedly. "Maybe I just had a shit teacher?"

"Oh, yeah?" He raised his eyebrows challengingly, towering over her.

"Yeah," Bianca's eyes flickering down to his lips before returning the daring glint.

"Hey, Kie," Pope interjected from beside the girl, causing the two to tear their gazes away from each other. "Have you tried to hit John B back on that number yet?"

"Like, twenty million times," She groaned, throwing her head back in irritation.

"That's quite a few times," JJ muttered, the joint between his lips as he brought his lighter up to ignite it.

"Some random lady at a hotel keeps answering," The curly-haired girl continued.

"Well, until we hear from them again, we gotta try and clear his name," Pope voiced lowly, raising the envelope in his other hand with furrowed eyebrows. "Right now, this letter's our best bet."