𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

꒰   𝖽𝗋𝖺𝖼𝗎𝗅𝖺'𝗌 𝖻𝗂𝗍𝖼𝗁𝖻𝗈𝗒   ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

Some mornings, it was like the sun only rose for her

As if the dawn graced them with its light for the sole reason to remind him that she existed. That she breathed the same air, gazed at the same stars, and walked this earth on the same plane as him.

When the fiery morning peeked over the horizon, its amber rays beaming behind JJ's eyelids, he couldn't help but nuzzle back into the girl's side in protest, not wanting to face the day ahead. He craved to melt into her like wild honey, to touch her at all times, to feel her skin against him, drenching his soul in golden beams of light.

She was his reminder that the moon only glows when kissed by the sun and JJ wanted to kiss Bianca so deeply and necessarily as if he was coming up for air at last after an age underwater. He wanted to kiss her full of fire and allow her to overcome his senses. He wanted to kiss her hard. Kiss her apart. Kiss her wildly as though his very life required it.

Alas, he was presented with a rude awakening when Kiara's annoyingly screechy voice pierced the air, forcing the three lazy teenagers to wake up. And so JJ blinked the sleep out of his eyes, sat up in the front seat before they set off towards the Limbrey's.

He couldn't help the contented sigh that fell from his lips as they traversed under the Ravenel bridge while Pope droned on about its historical significance in the driver's seat, Kiara teasing him for his encyclopedia of a brain and Bianca leaning her head on his shoulder.

JJ's hand absentmindedly traced patterns on her thigh, his cool ring-clad fingers a stark contrast to the warmth of her skin. Bianca felt a flutter in his stomach at the feeling while the boy glanced out the window, watching the Cooper river flow soundlessly, glimmering under the sun's rays.

"I wonder where John B and Sarah are right now," He mumbled softly, almost under his breath, but Bianca had heard it and gave him a small hum in response.

By the time they rounded the street of their destination, the houses grew taller, slowly morphing into the mansions that resembled Figure Eight back on the island. The group was listening intently to Kiara who'd spent the morning researching The Limbrey's whose entire history seemed to be listed on Wikipedia.

"Yeah, they're fancy people. They've had like three governors in the family. They've run Charleston for like- 300 years," The curly-haired girl scoffed as Pope parked the truck just outside the Limbrey's residence.

Bianca glanced up at the blocky build of the architecture, eyes narrowing at the patriotic American flag waving in the wind on the third-floor balcony. The others also furrowed their eyebrows at the tall roofs towering over them and the steely metal gates barricading the exterior.