𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅

꒰  𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝗋 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗌𝖾  ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

"Hey, pull up to Home Foods right here. I'm gonna need provisions."

Bianca resisted the urge to roll her eyes, sharing an exasperated look with Kiara as they drove. Luke was in no position to be making requests of any kind but the girls bit their tongues for JJ's sake.

Every now and then, Bianca's eyes would flicker to the rearview mirror at Luke. She couldn't believe that the man responsible for every cut, bruise, and split lip on JJ was sitting so close to her and she was forced to act civil towards him. It was practically torture, trying to ignore the hatred burning deep in her veins.

Kiara parked the car outside the grocery store and JJ reassured the girls that he'd be back soon. Although the boy was reluctant to leave them in there, there wasn't any time to waste especially with the Twinkie threatening to join the lost city of Atlantis.

"Crackers and baked beans and tuna, alright?" Luke called out to his son through the rolled-down windows. "And- and some salt and pepper! Five days worth."

"Yeah," JJ shrugged as he backed away. "I know."

By the time the boy disappeared inside, the silence only grew louder. Bianca and Kiara glanced out their respective windows, neither of them wanting to converse with the man in the backseat.

Bianca could feel Luke's eyes burning holes into the back of her head, but she ignored it. The man seemed to have other plans though, which consisted of doing everything humanely possible to piss them off. He began drumming on the back of the seats with his fists in an offbeat tune.

Bianca had too much pride to give into the man's taunting, but Kiara couldn't stand it anymore, "You're a terrible father, you know that?"

"Yeah," Luke leaned back in his seat once satisfied with the reaction he gained. "Preach it to me. Set me straight," He drawled sarcastically.

"Kie," Bianca whispered in a warning. As much as she felt the need to defend JJ, she already knew it was useless arguing with a drunkard.

"No, B-" Kiara's hands clenched into fists. "Do you have any idea how special your son is? Like, even a clue?"

Bianca felt her heart squeeze in her chest at the conviction behind her words. It was true. JJ was so incredibly special. And he didn't deserve the terrible hand the world dealt him. They never would've expected it from the one person making everyone in the room laugh.