𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗹𝘃𝗲

꒰   𝗅𝗂𝗍𝗍𝗅𝖾 𝗂𝗇𝗇𝗈𝖼𝖾𝗇𝗍 𝖽𝖾𝗆𝗈𝗇𝗌   ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

Humans are ninety-three percent stardust. They have calcium in their bones, iron in their veins, carbon in their souls, and nitrogen in their brains. They are the stuff galaxies are made of, equal parts human and light. Like stark beams slow dancing across the infinite midnight cosmos.

But all stars eventually become black holes. They burn so bright, so mighty and strong that they collapse and fade away into the abyss of the galaxy. And when they do, they take down everything within their vicinity. Not even light can escape the powerful tug of a black hole's gravity and Bianca was determined not to let this boy drown in the velvet sable that her soul had become.

But JJ Maybank had eyes like rain, hair like waves, and a soul as vast and deep as the ocean. And while he alone may not have been enough to tear down a black hole, he would rather die trying than not at all.

"Why am I not surprised," JJ drawled amusedly. "Bianca Prescott, Kook Princess, never rolled a J in her life."

"Don't be a dick," Bianca rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest. "You said you'd show me how." JJ lined up each piece together in the short space between them, "What's this?" She reached out to point, only for him to slap her hand away.

"Patience young grasshopper," JJ spoke matter-of-factly, earning him a scowl. "I'm getting there."

"If you call me that again, I'm kicking you off this balcony," Bianca deadpanned.

"Got it," JJ narrowed his eyes as he began pulling out various items from his backpack. The two of them sat cross-legged across from each other on the balcony floor, "I'll stick to princess then."

Bianca's breath hitched in her throat at his words, the nickname rolling off his lips sweeter than honey and made her feel all giddy inside. It was no longer laced with venom or thrown at her like an insult. They were back to their playful banter and Bianca had to stifle the smile she felt growing on her.

"Okay," JJ began casually, clapping his hands together as he prepared himself. "I'm gonna give you a crash course in all things weed, which is my favorite topic of all, other than surfing, of course. So this..." He grabbed the plastic bag. "Is obviously bud. There are two strains, Indica, and Sativa," He ignored the way Bianca's nose scrunched in confusion and continued before she could ask what the difference was. "Indica is more of a relaxing high while Sativa is more energizing, but it can give you bad or anxious highs. So what I have is Indica, because that's my personal preference."

"This is a grinder," JJ held up the small metal cylinder she'd initially asked about and began transferring the herbs from the bag to the tin. "It's important not to overfill it- and space it out evenly," He mumbled, eyes narrowing in concentration before closing the lid. "Now, you just twist."