𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼

꒰   𝗇𝗈𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗋𝗈𝗆𝖺𝗇𝗍𝗂𝖼 𝗍𝗒𝗉𝖾   ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

The rest of the boat ride was awkward, to say the least. Pope, Kiara, and Sarah got off at the dock to The Wreck so they could pick up dinner as they agreed upon while JJ and Bianca brought the HMS Pogue back to the Chateau.

The wooden door clicking shut behind them reverberated through the empty house, a deafening echo in the otherwise chaotic home. JJ threw their bags onto the couch as she treaded through the living room, careful not to disturb the stillness before everything inevitably crashed and burned to the ground.

Bianca faced the boy with a nonchalant expression to facade the wild pounding of her heart. She tried to keep the waver out of her voice as she spoke quietly, "What was Sarah talking about back there, JJ?"

The blue-eyed Pogue let out a soft sigh, lowering his eyes to the floor. Sarah had unwillingly outed him and he wasn't sure he was prepared to have this conversation just yet, "Everything's fine. It's not a big deal," He shrugged haphazardly, walking away from the couch.

"It is a big deal," Bianca stayed rooted in her spot, but her gaze followed his figure rounding the room. "What's going on with you?"

"Nothing. I said don't worry about it," His jaw clenched, the muscle ticking as he shook his head. "I shouldn't have even told Sarah in the first place."

JJ ran a frustrated hand through his golden strands, tensed back turned to Bianca who merely narrowed her eyes at his response. His breaths were shallow, becoming more worked up with her questioning, and wished she would just drop the subject altogether.

"No, I'm glad she said something, or else you would've just pretended everything was fine when it clearly isn't," Bianca's voice grew more demanding behind the boy who paced restlessly across the wooden floorboards. She crossed her arms over her chest, "What's wrong, JJ? Why are you shutting me out-"

"What?" JJ snapped harshly, suddenly whirling around in the middle of the room with a hardened glare. "Like you shut me out when you got back!?"

His chest rose with heavy breaths but the burning flame in his chest instantly extinguished the moment he saw Bianca's face fall. Her breath hitched, taken aback by his abrupt outburst but she didn't scowl. Nor did she sneer. She merely lowered her gaze and pursed her lips as it slowly dawned on her what was troubling him.

JJ was still dwelling on her icy cold shoulder after she returned from the rehabilitation center. Back when the only thing that coursed through her mind was revenge for her fallen friends. Back when all she could see was red for her father and Ward's betrayal. Back when she would rather lose the one person who understood her better than anyone than taint his soul with the wickedness in hers.