𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

꒰ 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖻𝗂𝗇𝖺𝗋𝗒 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗋 𝗉𝗁𝖾𝗇𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗈𝗇 ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

꒰  𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖻𝗂𝗇𝖺𝗋𝗒 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗋 𝗉𝗁𝖾𝗇𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗈𝗇  ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

[𝗻𝘀𝗳𝘄 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗱𝗻𝗶]

Reluctantly, JJ rejoined the Pogues, chatting and joking in the living room. When he entered, the others greeted him, but his gaze landed on Bianca who sent him an innocent smile.

JJ's jaw clenched and took the opened beer can John B handed to him. His grip tightened over the metal, but his dark stare did not waver from Bianca, as she giggled away with Kiara across the room.

John B threw an arm around JJ and led him to the pier with Pope as they made their way outside. JJ's thoughts were distracted the whole while but the swift breeze of the night had managed to cool his heated skin to the point where he wasn't so flustered anymore.

Eventually, he too began to join in the raucous laughter of the boys underneath the moonlight. But after they exerted themselves enough and the clouds began to drift lazily over the sky, the three settled on the floor of the HMS Pogue, staring up at the gleaming stars above.

John B was the first to break the somber atmosphere between them, "I don't get it," He mumbled, the insects chirping around them. "I don't."

There was something about the way the galaxy bloomed in the darkness that caused his thoughts to spiral back to his ex-girlfriend— fiancé? Wife? he didn't even know anymore. They always had something special with the constellations, but the North Star, the star of the sea, burning brightly above him was almost taunting.

Sarah Cameron was his North Star that remained constant even when the entire universe spun around her. She gave him the direction to always find his way home. She was the compass by which his soul navigated his journey.

But now that star had been extinguished and the flames of her passion doused by the sins of those who had wronged her. He could only pray that he would find his way home again.

Pope mirrored an exasperated sigh, "Love is five minutes of pleasure for a lifetime of pain."

"Wow," JJ scoffed lightly, rolling his eyes a little at his two friends who had apparently become Shakespeare since getting broken up with.

They were both going through a lot and while he couldn't relate to having his heart broken or being rejected by the one girl he had eyes for, he still felt for them. He hated seeing his friends so down and drab. Not to mention it was a complete mood killer— he was on cloud 9 while the boys wanted to sulk their night away.

"So, okay, you and Kie," John B began, propping himself up on his elbows. "Talk to me. Come on, tell papa your problems."

JJ exhaled sharply in amusement, "Don't ever call yourself papa again," He warned. The blue-eyed boy lazily raised his head from where he was leaning against the side of the boat, "Yeah, Pope what going on?"